January 24th, 2019 | EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

CWillyHD recently documented a way to skip ahead to Twoson well before you should be able to visit it. It’s more intended for speedrunners and just for fun, but it’s really cool to see:

I never even imagined that this sort of trick was possible, but I bet it could be used for all kinds of other tricks, although none will probably be as useful as this one. I’m always amazed at how fans find new ways to mess with the game after all these years!

6 Comments to Skipping the Police Barriers in Onett

Anon said on Jan. 25, 2019

Wow, nice!

KingMike said on Jan. 26, 2019

Is this the “too many sprites” glitch?
I think it was demoed the last time GDQ played this game.

Phildosage said on Jan. 29, 2019

Thanks Tomoato!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G.Wicks said on Feb. 3, 2019

holy moley, that’s cool! It seems like tricks like this are only possible as a result ofemulation enabling hackers to look at the coding of the game and figure this stuff out. I doubt a random gamer would have heen able to discoversomething like this back in the mid 90’s, and also understand why it happened. Very cool though.

AGuy said on Feb. 15, 2019

G.Wicks, if that’s really you, I just want you to know that I used to JAM tf out to that Monkey Cave rock not-remix you put on starmen.net a long time ago. Thanks man.

Anton said on Feb. 26, 2019

He said that if you do that glitch, you’ll be cutoff from Onett until you get teleport. But as long as you don’t save, you can get back to the hotel by simply dying.

• Metal Sonic Gaming: Woah! That’s interesting!
  • FranklinVadge: Nvm came in the same day I commented that lol
  • FranklinVadge: I ordered my over a year and four months ago… still waiting patiently.
  • newsbot: hey guys, new mother 2 hobonichi designs are out
  • mexicanSaucer: I wonder what the role of the Mecha-Drago would have been in this alternate scenario.