Popular Posts:

None found

August 25th, 2016 | Audio Stuff, Hacking, MOTHER 1

While H.S and other fans have been working on an EarthBound ROM hack that remakes the first MOTHER game, vince94 has been composing a lot of music for the project. vince94 recently uploaded a sample video of the current title screen music:

This project keeps looking and sounding better every time I take a peek at it!

9 Comments to MOTHER Remake Hack: Title Screen Music

Leeaux said on Aug. 25, 2016

While I don’t quite understand what’s happening here… I’m excited about the progress!

Cory Martin said on Aug. 25, 2016

@Leeaux it’s music!

Zaxtur said on Aug. 25, 2016

Super excited for this project! Do my ears deceive me or does this track sound more NES-like than SNES-like? I thought I was listening to the NES track and then it was gonna switch over to the fancier SNES version half-way through, but I was mistaken. Not trying to be critical, I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way. Great job, though. It sounds super authentic.

Mother2fan said on Aug. 25, 2016

One of my favourite songs in the series. It really sets the mood for the first game.

Dan said on Aug. 25, 2016

Very awesome!

game4brains said on Aug. 26, 2016

As cool as this fan-remake looks, recent events have made me increasingly paranoid of Nintendo of America’s lawyers rearing their ugly heads at it.

Chivi-chivik said on Aug. 27, 2016

PERFECTION ;w;

Spoiled Whiny Millenial Gamer said on Aug. 30, 2016

Thank goodness someone has come along to rescue this game from mediocrity by making it play exactly like its successor. My super refined tastes just couldn’t hang with all those random battles and other staples of the 8-bit RPG era.

DJMankiwitz said on Sep. 6, 2016

As a child of the 80’s well versed in NES era RPGs, making the encounter mechanics like Earthbound and the leveling curve better fit the flow of the game, I agree with your statement, and I’ll pretend I didn’t get the intended sarcasm.