Popular Posts:

None found

January 27th, 2016 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Interviews

A while back MrTenda sent me this e-mail:

Check this out, I stumbled upon a 2014 video interview with Hip Tanaka where he talked about a lot of various subjects, including a short portion about composing MOTHER 2’s music:

Hip Tanaka discusses some of the ideas and challenges behind making 16-bit music. He also discusses a lot of other subjects, including his connection with Pokemon, so you might want to check out the entire lecture!

7 Comments to Hip Tanaka Discusses Composing MOTHER 2’s Music

ness super said on Jan. 27, 2016

Yupii mother 😀

BusterTheFox said on Jan. 28, 2016

This sounds cool!
*Clicks video; an hour and 45 minutes long*
Nope. I don’t have that kinda time right this moment! xD My kingdom for a summary of the coolest parts!

KingDarian said on Jan. 28, 2016

The video starts playing at the part where he discusses EarthBound’s music (1:15 in), and that’s only a few minutes long. You don’t have to watch the whole thing, but this segment is worth your time.

Steven Morris said on Jan. 29, 2016

This is one of my favorite videos on YouTube. I was very excited to see it. I think this is a great watch for EarthBound fans, video game music fans, and musicians in general. It’s definitely worth the time!

r2 said on Feb. 17, 2016

This was great, I ended up watching to the end.

EBisumaru said on Apr. 18, 2016

I feel like the interpreter wasn’t doing a very good job or something; from the first couple questions it doesn’t really seem like he understood the questions he was being asked.

EBisumaru said on Apr. 18, 2016

(Which is as far as I got. I get annoyed easily)