Popular Posts:

None found

August 6th, 2015 | EarthBound, Hacking

A 100% translation of EarthBound into Italian has been completed! You can download it and read more about it here:

And here are some screenshots:

[646]01 [646]00
01 (1) 01
000 rvsvhMH

And here’s a video!

Congratulations to Vecna and everyone involved in making this translation happen!

8 Comments to EarthBound Translated Into Italian!

Alex Foffano said on Aug. 6, 2015

Yay! Complimenti!

snifit said on Aug. 6, 2015

Hope this makes the EB fandom grow bigger. It’s still super-hard to find italian Mother fans.

Matt said on Aug. 7, 2015

Awesome, congratulations!

Paul said on Aug. 7, 2015

As always, I’m curious about what the translators did with the “YESterday” riddle.

I know that for the Portuguese translation, they used “SIMplicidade,” which could work just as well for the Italian translation (the Italian affirmative being “Si”) if Italians are sufficiently familiar with Portuguese pop music… though it might be kind of weird otherwise.

Kingpendragon said on Aug. 8, 2015

@Paul
Even in Brazil that music isn’t very well known. But I guess it shouldn’t be hard to find a Italian music that starts with “si”.

CRefice said on Aug. 10, 2015

Just wanted to hop in and say my italian translation (a different one from Vecna’s, more focused on Mother 2) is still going strong.

@Paul, with Eagleland being a parody of the USA, they opted to leave it as-is, with ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ as the two options

Red said on Aug. 12, 2015

It’s very cool to see the game playable in Italian, but judging from the screen-shots, some of the humor seem to have been lost in translation. “Twonson, abbiamo preso questio nome perche non siamo stati i primi.” translates into “Twoson, we chose this name becouse we weren’t the first” Unless you speak english, you won’t get the joke. Still, very cool to see, and is awesome that it’s possible to play it in Italian.

Scotty said on Aug. 18, 2015