June 6th, 2015 | MOTHER 3, Smash Bros.

A while back, Nintendo announced that Lucas would be available as a DLC character in the two new Super Smash Bros. games. And just the other day, some more details and pics were released!

The big news is that Lucas will be available as DLC starting on June 14th… which is pretty soon!

Nintendo also released a lot of screenshots of Lucas in action!

screen-10

screen-9

screen-8

screen-7

screen-6

screen-5

screen-4

screen-3

screen-2

screen-1

No word on any MOTHER 3 stages or anything like that; for now it’s just the Lucas character himself that you’ll be able to buy. And no word on when the Lucas amiibo will be available… I think? If anyone knows more, let me know in the comments!

17 Comments to Super Smash Bros. Lucas DLC Details Announced!

Cool Spot said on Jun. 6, 2015

I still haven’t found a Ness amiibo, yet! 🙁 I’m gonna assume Lucas ‘ll be harder to find…

Alezicarus said on Jun. 6, 2015

Would the Lucas amiibo be considered the first official mother 3 merch to hit the states?

Haze said on Jun. 6, 2015

I’ve just arrived from buying my Ness Amiibo, was a completely hell ordering it and now I’m really hyped waiting for Lucas DLC. :’)

Poe said on Jun. 6, 2015

Alezicarus – yup! Given that we didn’t even officially get the game, the Lucas amiibo will be the first official MOTHER 3 anything to be sold in the US.

Anonymous said on Jun. 6, 2015

@Alezicarus @Poe
Well, we got both Mother 3+ and Mother 3i on iTunes for a while.

Whitey said on Jun. 6, 2015

Nintendo said that they will release amiibo for both Lucas and Mewtwo during the Apr. 1st Direct.

PSICoffee said on Jun. 6, 2015

He’s being released around E3 so what better time for Reggie to say, “Super Smash Bros. has a longstanding history of bringing together all of our franchises, including those more obscure and forgotten, into the limelight of popularity with expanded fanbases. Earthbound saw a re-release on the WiiU virtual console due to popular demand, and you proved to us how solid your devotion to this cult classic really is. We’ve heard you Mother fans. I’ve heard you. The enduring success of Smash Bros. led to us inevitably including more of those popular past characters into the next installment, such as Mewtwo, that were not originally included on WiiU. I’m happy to announce that starting this week, popular fighter Lucas will be available to download on both platforms, with more characters to come. But that’s not all. We at Nintendo strive to give gamers the best experiences, and want to take our releases one step further. But how can we properly celebrate the outstanding success of Smash? In what way can we top the addition of Lucas to the roster? *smiles and puts hands together* Just take a look… *Reggie steps back, lights dim, Mother 3 title and music play on big screen, crowd errupts, the rest is history…..

PKFreestyle said on Jun. 6, 2015

I like how the brown hair/blue shirt/red shorts color swap is a nod to Duster, but I was really hoping for a pink haired color swap to reference Kumatora…

NichoMania said on Jun. 6, 2015

The references to the original game based on the skins are staggering in number, not mentioning the obvious t-shirt sprites (I don’t know if the baby Drago or money will be my favorite). The grey Lucas even seems to be referencing the cut boss backgrounds for the final battle!

Franklin Badger said on Jun. 7, 2015

Speaking of Smash Bros. bringing all of Nintendo’s franchises together, what happened to StarTropics, Professor Layton and Golden Sun? I know there was an Isaac assist trophy but where’d the rest of them go?

AConcernedGamer said on Jun. 7, 2015

StarTropics never had any official release in Japan, so that’s why it was never mentioned at all in any part of Super Smash Bros. whatsoever.

Professor Layton is not a Nintendo-owned series. It has mobile phone games which had been released prior to Nintendo’s deal with DeNA. I don’t know why it never had a PlayStation Vita game.

I can’t speak for Golden Sun.

Jdaster64 said on Jun. 8, 2015

Super-excited about the impending DLC, almost as much as the games’ initial release! I don’t imagine this has any bearing on getting MOTHER 3 stateside, but hopefully it’ll at least continue to spark interest in the series!

GSUser said on Jun. 8, 2015

Lucas <<<333. Oh, and I'm not a girl!

game4brains said on Jun. 8, 2015

Before I saw this, I wish I had a credit/points card so I could buy the Mewtwo & Mii Fighter outfits DLC.

After I saw this, I REALLY wish I had a credit/points card so I could by the Lucas DLC.
Hurry up money, I need Lucas.

Zenn said on Jun. 8, 2015

Yay! June 14th is my birthday! What a nice surprise! 😀 I can’t wait to play Lucas.

TerryFan said on Jun. 8, 2015

I just announced something on my forum, check it out.
This is going to help you decide the ultimate question about the Mother series.
I’m being serious about it.

And I like Lucas, he is my favorite in the SSB series.
I’m glad he’s back.

Anonymous said on Jun. 10, 2015

Awesome! 🙂 As for the rumours… Reggie was quoted in a Gamespot interview yesterday as saying,
“Nintendo fans are very vocal, and like any company, we pay attention to what people are saying. But I think it’s helpful to repeat what we’ve said before. The only way to truly surprise someone is to deliver something unexpected. That’s really written into our corporate DNA. So moving forward, I guess it’s safe to say people can look forward to a combination of things they’ve always wanted…and things they never even thought of wanting.”