Popular Posts:

None found

April 13th, 2015 | Images, MOTHER 3

Things have been so crazy lately that I forgot to mention this last month, but the MOTHER 3 fan translation got a page of coverage in New York Magazine recently!

mother-3-new-york-magazine

You can see an online version with slightly different formatting here, too!

A couple details seem to be a little off – the documentary coming out next year is more focused on EarthBound than MOTHER 3, for example, but in all it’s still neat to see MOTHER 3 mentioned in big stuff like this!

10 Comments to MOTHER 3 Fan Translation in New York Magazine

Pinci said on Apr. 13, 2015

>Mother 1 is about a psychic boy traveling between dimensions.

wow I dodn’t know that 11/10 best mother game FACT (I don’t really think Magicant counts as “another dimension”)

Leeaux said on Apr. 13, 2015

This is awesome! I wonder if it help’s your career at all Tomato? To be mentioned in this kind of stuff?

Star and Moon said on Apr. 13, 2015

I like the way the page looks and the article in general, but that description of Mother 1 is really inaccurate.

Halloween said on Apr. 13, 2015

Author: B.H… Pirkle?

Dr.x said on Apr. 13, 2015

This is awesome but hope using terms like boot leggings gets Nintendo’s attention to ever take it down.

ohman said on Apr. 14, 2015

“legally dubious emulation software”

Don’t they do ANY research before publishing their stuff?
Emulators that do not ship with copyrighted material are LEGAL, the end!
Stop making the translation team look like a bunch of ruthless hacking gangstas.

Captain Cab said on Apr. 14, 2015

This is awesome, congrats! I’ll need to try and find a copy next time I’m at our Barnes and Noble.

Anonymous said on Apr. 14, 2015

by travling through demintions they probably mean 4-d slip in mother 1

Anonymous said on Apr. 15, 2015

” …the documentary coming out next year is more focused on EarthBound than MOTHER 3, for example”

What? Aw, man. I was actually excited because EB’s history has been pretty much covered to death. I’d be much more interested in an M3 documentary. I know OkejiiDragon (might’ve mispelled his name) was working on one a while back, but I have no clue as to what its current status is or if a finalized version will ever see the light of day.

Mato said on Apr. 16, 2015

Leeaux: I’ve had the same job for about 13 or 14 years now, so stuff like this doesn’t really help or hinder my professional work. I did get some e-mails from general translation companies after the Mother 3 translation came out, but I was already too busy anyway.

Anonymous: The EarthBound documentary isn’t really about EarthBound, but about the fandom side of things.