April 4th, 2015 | MOTHER 3, Smash Bros.

Another big piece of news that’s a few days old now is that Lucas was announced as a DLC character for the new Super Smash Bros. games!

I’m excited for this not just because of MOTHER 3 and all the stuff surrounding it, but because it means there’s a chance there’ll be a Lucas Amiibo at some point. Hopefully. Right? At the very least, Lucas is getting treated better finally!

lucasindkshit-5f

I’m also happy because Lucas was my main in Brawl, and now I don’t have to settle for Ness anymore 😛

Of course, when Nintendo of America announced Lucas on Twitter, fans gave plenty of silly and snarky responses:

what-is-mother-3

Now everyone go vote for Everdred in the new character survey!

40 Comments to Lucas is Super Smash Bros. DLC

Earth Saturn said on Apr. 4, 2015

It actually happened.

I can’t believe it, but it actually happened. I had lost hope in Lucas after he was cut, but I got so hyped when I saw this!

Bubbleman said on Apr. 4, 2015

Just so you know, the Lucas Amiibo was confirmed, alongside Mewtwo’s. 🙂

Anonymous said on Apr. 4, 2015

The true 3rd greatest mole for Smash

Tonch said on Apr. 4, 2015

Nintendo confirmed in the video that there will be amiibo of Mewtwo and Lucas!

Nightshade said on Apr. 4, 2015

During the Nintendo Direct, they have confirmed that Lucas, as well as Mewtwo, will have their Smash Amiibo eventually.

KingDarian said on Apr. 4, 2015

Yeah, Lucas amiibo was confirmed. It was surreal to first of all see that video in the Direct, then to hear that an amiibo was coming. From how difficult it was to obtain Ness, I can only imagine the ordeal it will be to get Lucas. He’ll probably be another retail exclusive. I just hope it’s with GameStop again, because that’s been the easiest place to grab a retail exclusive with this wave.

But just think, we’re getting official MOTHER 3 merchandise in the USA. This will be the first (and only?) amiibo for a character whose original game is not available in our region. I think this tips 0.0000001% of the scale in favor of an official release for MOTHER 3 here.

DJMankiewicz said on Apr. 4, 2015

This is good news. It’s certainly a huge step up from burning mother fans to death like they did in one of the previous directs.

Actually, this was all very frustrating for me, because that announcement was on April 1st, I had to wait a few days just to get confirmation it all wasn’t some cruel prank.

There’s just one last step. I want to see a Mother game collection put out at some point. Seeing Earthbound on VC is great, it really is, but what we all really want are those games that never got official English releases.

gnostechnician said on Apr. 4, 2015

It’s interesting to note that it was specifically mentioned in the direct that MOTHER 3 was never released outside of Japan. It might be wishful thinking, but with all of this, maybe they’re gearing up for a MOTHER-related announcement sometime?

Kelsyjones said on Apr. 4, 2015

When I first saw this I thought it was an April Fool’s joke… Glad to see that’s not the case! Perhaps I should try to preorder a Lucas Amiibo from Japan if I really want one…

Anonymous said on Apr. 4, 2015

Everdred? Naaaw guys, vote for the Masked Man from Mother 3.

As for me, I’m still deciding, but I may go with the aforementioned character.

An E and two 8 said on Apr. 4, 2015

^Masked Man?

Everdred?

pls.

#MajorPirkleForSmash4.

MagikoopaMaster said on Apr. 4, 2015

I’m soooo glad Lucas is coming back! Didn’t think it was ever going to happen. Also, VOTE FOR THE MASKED MAN!!!!

Vegetable Man said on Apr. 4, 2015

I voted for Ninten :^)

delectabit said on Apr. 4, 2015

@KingDarian not only is Lucas the only character with an amiibo whose game isn’t available in our region, I’m pretty sure he’s the only character IN the game whose original game isn’t. Which is making me a bit suspicious, honestly. Takamaru’s game was localized on the 3DS VC when he became an assist trophy.

m3 said on Apr. 4, 2015

why dont we vote for duster

That one dumb guy said on Apr. 4, 2015

VOTE FOR KUMATORA EVERYONE AND MASKED MAN. GET MOTHER NOTICED WITH YOUR HELP.

Leeaux said on Apr. 4, 2015

Guys guys guys. We should be voting for Pigmasks. Generic soldiers that are also iconic? And already come in all sorts of color flavors?

Pigmask voting for the win.

Anonymous said on Apr. 4, 2015

leeaux: better then the idea of the rob solders

A-wel Cruiz said on Apr. 4, 2015

Ninten needs more votes. We need all three Mother protagonists in SSB.

And not to brag, but I secured my Ness amiibo preorder today. Yay me!

A-wel Cruiz said on Apr. 4, 2015

@delectabit Actually, Marth’s first game, the original Fire Emblem for Famicom, has never been released in North America. Unless you count the DS remake from 2008.

delectabit said on Apr. 5, 2015

@A-wel Cruiz: I do count the DS remake since it’s practically the same thing.

Anonymoose said on Apr. 5, 2015

I vote for both Kumatora and Duster. Yes, you can vote more than once!

Sat said on Apr. 5, 2015

Negative man for smash!

Mariotti said on Apr. 5, 2015

mayor of onett 4 smash

Eiyeron said on Apr. 5, 2015

I voted for Duster. I find him enough versatile to have a fun and original moveset and he is quite likeable. He would do a fun semi-aerial kicker.

MRmarathon said on Apr. 5, 2015

I would like to vote for Radiant Historia’s Stocke, but there’s enough swordsmen already… From MOTHER 3, I’d like Ionia, but I’m going for Duster, since it’s actually possible.

Foppy42 said on Apr. 5, 2015

I have voted for Giegue/Giygas.
Fortunately, I don’t think I’m the only one.

But regarding Ridley however…

SuperGamingbro64 said on Apr. 5, 2015

Sorry im routing for Kumatora in the smash ballot

Pengo said on Apr. 5, 2015

I feel awkward for typing this, but I voted for Isaac from Golden Sun, HOWEVER I voted for him from my Wii U, I guess I’ll vote for the Masked Man on my PC.

SmashBro. said on Apr. 6, 2015

Hey why don’t we vote for Ana in the Smash Bros. Ballot. We lack of little girls on Super Smash Bros. We only have the female Villager but she does not really counts since she shares movies with the male Villager. Ana could share slot with Paula too since both of them are similar, plus this means more Earthbound characters in Smash Bros.. The reason I put more attention to Ana is because she could be the representative fighter of the first Mother, since Ninten looks too much like Ness, plus our lack of female fighters (especially little girls). Ana could also use Pk Beam, Pk Ground, Prayer (probably as final smash), Hypnosis, Counter, also Pk Thunder or Fire but in different ways, maybe instead of using Pk Thunder as recovery she could use Pk Teleport. I think of Ana/Paula as potential fighters since they are the main offensive attack characters in the series and I hope to see the smashing soon.

That one dumb guy. said on Apr. 7, 2015

I would prefer Kumatora, but Ana’s cool.

Fred said on Apr. 8, 2015

*-*

Eraser eraser said on Apr. 8, 2015

I can’t wait for Lucas

Ardhamon said on Apr. 11, 2015

Duster, Poo, Porky or Kumatora would be great ideas for Smash candidates.

Orpheus said on Apr. 13, 2015

Everyone vote for Poo so we can have a voice clip of the announcer shouting “POO!”

Immature? Yes. Hilarious? OH YEAH!

Anonymous said on Apr. 15, 2015

Ask for the super smash ballot to add ninten to complete the trilogy of mother/earthbound.

Tenma said on Apr. 16, 2015

Ninten! We need Ninten!

MotherFan said on Apr. 16, 2015

I would like Ninten’s final smash to be him,Ana,and Loid singing the Eight Melodies

MotherFan said on Apr. 16, 2015

Which will cause many musical notes to go around the arena and cause damage by contact to an enemy

PKGaming said on Apr. 17, 2015

“Settle for Ness”???? Maaaaan, Ness is amazing! He’s higher on the tier list in Smash 4 than he’s ever been. I’ve always preferred how he plays to Lucas.