October 27th, 2014 | EarthBound, Merchandise, Videos

d0d742b149c596a6748ed4df9dfc169d_large

Fangamer is at it again – this time they’re planning an EarthBound project bigger than ever before! The full details are available on the Kickstarter page, but basically, they’re working on:

You can find a whole lot more information below and on the actual Kickstarter page here!

I can’t wait to help choose what scratch-n-sniff cards should be included – I hope you guys like garbage and garlic!

21 Comments to You Are Now EarthBound – The Kickstarter

enigma said on Oct. 27, 2014

how long until this goes to court.

Hp Shout said on Oct. 27, 2014

Won’t go to court- fair use laws apply here. Perfectly legal for documentaries, parody, etc.

Mato- are you helping out at all on this? I see Heidi is on the team.

Mato said on Oct. 27, 2014

Poe works at Fangamer, hence why she’s in the video. I might show up a few moments in the documentary, but otherwise I’m not really involved in any of this stuff.

Actually, Jeff and Reid kept asking if I wanted to include an EarthBound Legends of Localization book as part of the Kickstarter, but I opted not to.

Ness1985 said on Oct. 27, 2014

I won’t be able to pledge until near the end cuz I’m broke atm. But I implore everything to share this with as many people as you can.

snesdude72 said on Oct. 27, 2014

The hype is intense!

SaturnBOING said on Oct. 27, 2014

I really hope this reaches its goal. I love my MOTHER 3 handbook. Every time I show it to someone, they can’t believe it’s not an official Nintendo thing. To have a similar item for EarthBound would be beyond awesome.

Mother2fan said on Oct. 27, 2014

YES. So much yes.

Mother2fan said on Oct. 27, 2014

@SaturnBOING

The MOTHER 3 handbook is the best purchase I ever made. Well, maybe after EarthBound.

Everdread said on Oct. 27, 2014

Hey Mato! Any word yet on where/when fans will go on the trip for the highest backer in Japan? I’m curious to know where they’ll be headed to!

MagikoopaMaster said on Oct. 27, 2014

This is AMAZING!! I will definitely be buying this stuff when it’s out!

BusterTheFox said on Oct. 27, 2014

Aw, why didn’t you let them make you a Legends of Localization book? 🙂 That would’ve been really cool!

I don’t normally use my small pockets of spare cash on Kickstarter, but this is a project I can see myself backing for a change!

Mato said on Oct. 27, 2014

Everdread: I’m not really involved so I don’t know – that was actually completely news to me when I read it today. I kind of half-think they didn’t think anyone would go for it, but already some spots are taken 😯

BusterTheFox: The concept for the Kickstarter was sort of all over the place and had a bunch more stuff originally, this is sort of the “pared-down, simplified” version. Plus I didn’t want to commit to a ton of work that I wasn’t sure I could deliver on time, since I’ve never made a book before. Maybe we can add it in there as some crazy stretch goal, but I’m okay with things as they are right now.

CuppaJoeGamer said on Oct. 28, 2014

That has to be the best Kickstarter hype video I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t stop laughing!

Earth Saturn said on Oct. 28, 2014

This stuff looks really good! Can’t wait ’til it’s out! Really hope that you can get these items seperately at some point though because that backpack is probably one of the coolest parts of the whole thing but I don’t think I could shell out that much for it.

Mac said on Oct. 28, 2014

Garbage and garlic worst cards ever! Lol

NecrosaroIII said on Oct. 28, 2014

The title of the Kickstarter certainly brings back memories of when I was eleven and first found you guys online ;_;

MysterySprite22 said on Oct. 28, 2014

Wow, that’s awesome! I’m really exited for the handbook, well actually all of it sounds sweet! I never even knew that Fangamer split to begin with. I haven’t been on the site for a few months so I would have known if they did.

Drago said on Oct. 28, 2014

This is so amazing, I’ll almost definitely be backing, if I can afford it!

Is there any chance we can get a Mother 3 Handbook reprint to coincide with this? I never got one and I really regret it. 🙁

Boodledump said on Oct. 29, 2014

This is awesome!

Hp Shout said on Nov. 8, 2014

Ok Mato- what’s this $250K level all about? Drop some spoilers! lol 🙂

Hp Shout said on Nov. 12, 2014

Ah… so the LOL = Legends of Localization. I see what you dud there…