Popular Posts:

None found

October 28th, 2014 | EarthBound, MOTHER 1, Smash Bros.

The other day, Nintendo posted a video that showcases a bunch of the content that’ll be in the upcoming Wii U Super Smash Bros game – if you haven’t seen it yet, it’s here.

Anyway, there were a few things related to EarthBound in there – the biggest one that wowed a lot of people was when it was revealed that you could take in-game screenshots and draw on them. One of the examples given included Ness and a drawing of EVE from MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero!

2702643-akgpqjx

Also, EarthBound WILL be featured in the game’s Masterpieces section this time around. EarthBound was removed from the Masterpieces portion of Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii, if you’ll recall.

ebsb

There’s also been talk about Ness being a playable fighter right from the start and talk of Ness Amiibo figures.

I’m sure I’m forgetting to mention a few other things, so if more info has been revealed, please share in the comments!

17 Comments to EarthBound Stuff in Wii U Super Smash Bros

alezicarus said on Oct. 28, 2014

During the smash tour section, one of the players had an Ultimate Chimera trophy

Picture- http://i.imgur.com/2Yv619T.jpg

Mr. Saturn said on Oct. 28, 2014

I’m so hoping for a Ness amiibo. How often do we get officially licensed EarthBound anything here? Well not at all.

Asok said on Oct. 28, 2014

Even if I never end up getting the game, I’ll buy the hell out of that amiibo 😐

delectabit said on Oct. 28, 2014

Onett is back as a level in the game, and the Flying Man sprite from the Magicant 3DS stage is seen in Smash Tour. I think that Magicant has a fair chance of returning, it’s been confirmed that they haven’t revealed all the Wii U stages yet.

Erwin said on Oct. 28, 2014

Whether Magicant returns or there’s a different new Mother stage, I’ll be happy. Onett is classic, but new Mother is always good. Also, everything in that doodle portion was pretty great.

Jess said on Oct. 28, 2014

I believe I saw a short clip of a Ness FP fighter, so that basically confirms the Ness amiibo :D. Not sure when we’re going to get it though

Mesousa said on Oct. 28, 2014

So happy about all the mother 1 love in smash 4.

anon said on Oct. 29, 2014

You should have posted the one where they gave Mr. Saturn a body!

game4brains said on Oct. 29, 2014

GIVE ME THIS GAME AND A WII U RIGHT NOW!!!

Ostricho said on Oct. 29, 2014

Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen.
EarthBound figurines in America, here we come.

Supergamerk said on Oct. 29, 2014

I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman Jr.

Toby said on Oct. 30, 2014

I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that time consuming intro before you can even move your character. Nintendo needs to make it like 10 or so minutes.

AConcernedGamer said on Oct. 31, 2014

Keep in mind that a Masterpiece does not necessarily need to begin at the time that the guest console is booting up. Super Smash Bros. Brawl proved that Masterpieces, when loaded, load save states, so The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for example, begins at the File Select screen with some save files preloaded to demo different sections of the game. It does not go to the NINTENDO 64 logo and make players wait through that and the title screen.

Even ignoring the very real possibility that Nintendo 64 games will be flat-out absent from the Masterpieces section, there is no reason to believe that Masterpieces in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will begin at console boot-up and force players to wait through the logos and title screens.

neonix said on Oct. 31, 2014

I think it only makes sense for Magicant to also be in the Wii U version. They said that exclusive stages for each game would be ones based on games from the same platform (console vs. portable), so it’d be unfitting for a stage specifically from the two non-portable Mother games to be on the portable version only.

Hyperstar96 said on Nov. 1, 2014

@neonix: You misunderstood. 3DS stages are *primarily* from handheld games and Wii U stages are *primarily* from console games. It’s already known that the two versions will have very few stages in common (five, with two of them being the obvious Battlefield and Final Destination), so there’s no way Magicant would be back in.

Anonymous said on Nov. 12, 2014

Also, in some ssb4-related video, I noticed a new track! It’s called “Onett / Winters”!

Anonymous said on Nov. 12, 2014

Also, I doubt Magicant or New Pork City are gonna be in the Wii U version of smash, ’cause the “Smiles and Tears”, “Magicant / Eight Melodies”, and “Porky’s theme” tracks are played in the Onett stage.