Popular Posts:

None found

October 8th, 2014 | EarthBound, Videos

A few years ago I posted about a really cool EarthBound-themed Flash animation that was in the works, and it’s finally reached completion! Check it out here:

It’s been in the works a long time, and the wait was worth it! Excellent stuff!

23 Comments to An Amazing Animated Earthbound Tribute

Mary said on Oct. 8, 2014

That was beautiful! I was crying by the end of it. Thank you for sharing this. 🙂

Jimshrimp said on Oct. 8, 2014

I teared up also… Whoever made this, thank you. <3

Jess said on Oct. 8, 2014

I just saw this! I’m glad nintendo saw this themselves, maybe they’ll consider doing something for the anniversary?

gustr said on Oct. 8, 2014

Wow, I never thought it would be finished! Amazing work.

Justin said on Oct. 8, 2014

Bravo. Amazing work.

project-stuff said on Oct. 8, 2014

That was impressive. Bravo to whoever made this.

BusterTheFox said on Oct. 9, 2014

Yeah, okay. This helped me officially decide that Mother 2 is my favorite. 3 is great, but there’s just something about it that makes it feel different enough in a way that… isn’t as good. Haha. Must have something to do with that sad ending. And the fact that the final boss wasn’t defeated literally by myself. It was still a heck of a ride, though!

MostStrange said on Oct. 9, 2014

I was bawling by the end.

All the feels.

Anonymous said on Oct. 9, 2014

@BusterTheFox
Sad endings are oftenly better that happy ones.

threehandsman said on Oct. 9, 2014

SO awesome! Major props to the animator!

An E and two 8 said on Oct. 9, 2014

Impressive and beautiful. Whoever did it, thank you. Probably the best tribute I’ve seen so far. 🙂

P.S: Dang it, These eyes of mine… Always getting wet as soon as I hear the Eight Melodies playing. I should see an optometrist or something.

Xerlic said on Oct. 9, 2014

Itoi even gave it a shoutout on twitter.

Anonymous said on Oct. 9, 2014

That’s amazing, wonder if there will be any more from this person. Considering its been in the work for years though I doubt it. *crosses fingers for Mother 3 anyways*

game4brains said on Oct. 10, 2014

This is one of the greatest tributes to this game that I’ve ever seen. Sometimes, I forget how vast and wonderful EarthBound’s fanbase is, and it always amazes me to see what we’re capable of. :’)

BluePikmin11 said on Oct. 11, 2014

Now I really want a Mother 3 one, that game deserves quality tribute.

Mother2fan said on Oct. 12, 2014

The feels, so many.

Kuwanger said on Oct. 13, 2014

Yeah, this is the reason it’s hard to really decide which is the “best” Mother game. They all seem, in their own way, to explore various depths and kinds of sadness that one can/does experience in life (which explains the “Strange, Funny and Heartrending” slogan) yet do so in a fashion that allows a certain happiness too. One of the funnier Youtube comments? Some argument about people who haven’t played the game are going to be confused about Paula seems to die. Because, you know, the sudden shift to robots won’t confuse them enough–and really, that’s the part in the game where you’re pretty sure they’re “dead” since the transformation is likely one way and I wouldn’t actually count on the robot bodies to last long. :/ Which is why their return beyond time and space is the real tear jerker to it all.

But I’m rambling. Awesome animation. Would love to see a Mother 1 and Mother 3 version too, but regardless, it’d be great if this spurs even one more person to play Earthbound. And then we can add another person who plays Ness on SSB. 🙂

mrhargett said on Oct. 13, 2014

Excellent animation. Never much cared for Warwick’s vocals (and I still don’t). I muted the audio and listened with “Smiles and Tears” synced up and it was fantastic.

Giygas999 said on Oct. 13, 2014

*cries* Tha-Tha-Thats *cries* Beatiful. *cries*

MysterySprite22 said on Oct. 17, 2014

This was absolutely amasing! Where can I download the eight melodies(this version)? I have an 8bit version and a piano cover, but this version is #1!!!

David B. said on Oct. 17, 2014

MysterySprite22: It’s on the official MOTHER 1 vocal album. I won’t post a download, but a youtube link isn’t a problem.

FuzzyPaulas said on Oct. 18, 2014

I was crying by the one minute mark. No crying till the end? I think not.

Raiden said on Oct. 20, 2014

Wow. This game has a die hard fanbase. It might be small but it’s really strong. It kinda makes me want to play this game again.