Popular Posts:

None found

April 5th, 2013 | MOTHER 3, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

Back during the MOTHER 3 translation I did some hacking and recorded video of some unused rooms in the game. The video got deleted when my account got deleted years back, so I just now got around to putting it up again:

Fans have found tons of other unused stuff since then, so this is pretty simple, bland stuff. But at the time it was really cool being able to walk around in unused areas!

12 Comments to Some Unused Rooms in MOTHER 3

HpBoost said on Apr. 5, 2013

It’s always cool to imagine what else they might have been planning to do with the story using other areas like this. The cave areas seem likely to have been an upper platform to orate for a crowd below. What do you think?

RandomGuardian said on Apr. 5, 2013

Shameless plug alert! The Cutting Room Floor, a wiki for cut/unused game content, has a page on Mother 3 that needs updating. Despite having the resources for 8 months I’m still too lazy to do it my self.

Rhyselinn said on Apr. 5, 2013

I swear that third room looks just like the butterfly cavern along the train route. Maybe before the time skip? You can even see the indent where the ladder leads up to the hot spring later.

Irock said on Apr. 5, 2013

Imagine if you walked into your house and found nothing but a bathroom.

DD said on Apr. 5, 2013

I wonder if the bathroom was an alternate version for kumatora’s apartment. Maybe not.

64RR said on Apr. 5, 2013

Hmm. Maybe these areas were from the unused story of Earthbound 64?

Chivi-chivik said on Apr. 5, 2013

If I could make a wish I’d wish to know everything behind those unused areas.

Linkzcap said on Apr. 5, 2013

Why did your old Youtube account get deleted, mato?

trickster2599 said on Apr. 5, 2013

Could that bathroom be used in the bathroom dungeon?

Mato said on Apr. 5, 2013

Linkzcap: I used to translate funny Japanese videos and commercials and post them on my old channel. I guess Japanese companies didn’t like that.

Buster The Fox said on Apr. 6, 2013

I can see why some of these ended up unused (Reffering to the clipping through the walls here). xD

Since the cliff areas were kind of large and closed off, I think they were probably going to be used for some type of cutscene. My mind immediately thinks of Fassad and Salsa.

NessBound MPO said on Apr. 6, 2013

I love it when Lucas comes out from the bathroom.
He’s like “I’m stuck! Somebody! Help!”