Popular Posts:

None found

February 28th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

A few days ago Kotaku posted a video showcasing many of the musical samples and homages used in EarthBound. If you’re a regular visitor to EarthBound Central there isn’t anything really new in the video, but it’s definitely a lot more convenient than having to read a mountain of text. Stuff we’ve discovered since then isn’t mentioned, but I got the feeling it wasn’t meant to be an all-encompassing, 100% complete look anyway.

8 Comments to Video of EarthBound Sound-alikes

_JamesRamirez_ said on Feb. 28, 2012

As incomplete as it may be, I’d still say it was a nice nod from Kotaku.

faces86 said on Feb. 28, 2012

Is the image of Ness in the hotel in the video from Mother 2?

Mato said on Feb. 28, 2012

No, it looks like a fan-made pic.

H.S said on Feb. 28, 2012

That image was taken from one of the fangame threads on Starmen.net. Pretty sure it was from “EarthBound 1.5: A New Dawn.”

faces86 said on Feb. 28, 2012

Thanks folks! I was a bit confused when I first saw that image…

kenisu said on Feb. 28, 2012

The article says to “Click the video above to see what we mean”, but I don’t see any video, just a big red banner. Is it because my Flash player isn’t quite up-to-date?

kenisu said on Feb. 29, 2012

Finally managed to see it. I know it wasn’t comprehensive to begin with, but there’s one a lot of these lists tend to miss: the Eagleland Bus theme is taken from “Pipeline” by The Chantays.

Bionic said on Mar. 2, 2012

This was great! It was really nice to see true examples of the problematic music in the game, because I had a hard time recognizing The Beatles or The Who anywhere until I watched this. Well…I suppose I can see now why Nintendo is hesitant to shoulder a great risk of affronting this major bands by re-releasing. But still, I feel like if it was legal to release it in the 90’s, why wouldn’t it be now? Couldn’t they just basically say it had already been released 20 years ago and no one found fault with it then? I’m guessing 200 freaking years will pass before Nintendo re-releases it, when it becomes public domain. 😉