January 13th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 1, Videos

I can’t remember if I’ve posted about this or not before, but just in case I haven’t, check out this great piano medley by the famous Prof. Sakamoto:

What’s cool about this is that he’s become famous enough in Japan that he’s even done stuff with Shigesato Itoi’s company. Here’s a page about a live recital he did for Itoi’s site and here’s an album that Itoi’s site helped promote.

Kinda makes me wanna stick an NES top loader on my head when I work…

9 Comments to Prof. Sakamoto MOTHER Medley

Satsy said on Jan. 13, 2012

Oh when he hits Pollyanna I got a chill down my spine~~

You have to admit, the amount of creativity that comes from the original title is pretty impressive. It invokes the imagination in such a way that’s still showing itself 23 or so years on. I mean how amazing is that!

*goes back to re-imagining the dungeons*

Miles of SmashWiki said on Jan. 13, 2012

The medley is fantastic, but…. why is he wearing a Famicom as a hat?

Poe said on Jan. 13, 2012

That’s his gimmick 🙂

Mesousa said on Jan. 13, 2012

I need that hat.

Snowman said on Jan. 13, 2012

I adored the Magicant section. It’s really one of Mother’s themes that doesn’t get enough love. Quite a fantastic medley.

BigDream said on Jan. 16, 2012

My mom is a great pianist and might be able to play something like THAT!!

LucasTizma said on Jan. 17, 2012

Holy CRAP, how did I overlook this?! This guy is brilliant, and his Pollyanna remix is definitely going in my Pollyanna playlist. 🙂

Catterick said on Jan. 31, 2012

I agree with Snowman, I really enjoyed hearing the Magicant theme. Magical!

Poe said on Feb. 9, 2012

Has anyone ripped an MP3 of this yet? I’d love to have it in my rotation 🙂

• Karmageddon: @Esper Heh, my bad. But remember though. We had to lower the quality of the recording to make it work on hardware.
  • Esper: Dammit I’d prefer the new one if the “set” didn’t such blow into the mic. Love the official Lucas voice though!
  • Earthbounder: Wonder if their is a way to use the alt english translation with this voice patch
  • game4brains: @Franklin Badger I would’ve guessed chocolate labradoodle.
  • Matt: Lucas has an english voice actor in Smash Bros.? Why, when they still use the original JP voice clips for Ness?