December 31st, 2011 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 1

Evan sent this in the other day:

Greetings, Mato!

A local band a few towns over from me called Lost Woods just released their debut EP. They do rock covers of video game tunes, and I’ve been following them for a while. I suggested they cover some EarthBound tunes, and as luck would have it, they covered Snowman and Mother Earth from the MOTHER series, and they’re awesome! One can download the album from their tumblr, which features a whole heap of awesome covers from a bunch of Nintendo/Sega games.

Here’s their Snowman song, be sure to check out all their other ones here!

11 Comments to Local Band Covers MOTHER Tunes

RadicOmega said on Dec. 31, 2011

It seems that EB’s music is enjoyed so much, that people make it there own music.

NessDad said on Dec. 31, 2011

Too bad I hate noise rock though.

ZombiePosessor said on Dec. 31, 2011

ugh, that sounds like ass

Nox Vulpes said on Jan. 1, 2012

“…they covered Snowman and Mother Earth from the MOTHER series…”

It seems the Mother Earth track is actually from EVO for the SNES.

Halloween said on Jan. 1, 2012

lol awesome
I remember in one of my bands I played part of Pollyanna for the guitar solo.

Anonymous said on Jan. 1, 2012

AWESOME! Once it snows here, I will be doing a version of snowman on my ocarina.

LucasOfValor said on Jan. 3, 2012

@Nox The Mother Earth track is the Champion Battle theme from Pokemon Gold & Silver.

LucasOfValor said on Jan. 3, 2012

Also it seems a lot of the tracks on their site are mislabeled too.

Johnwalt said on Jan. 3, 2012

OMG, the guy in the picture looks so familiar…. O.o

Great remix 😀

Clapton said on Jan. 5, 2012

I think the people that don’t like this mix feel that way because they simply don’t like the genre.

Personally, this is a well-made remix. Definitely good.

Ghastly said on Jan. 5, 2012

This is totally great!
It has this inherent punky simplicity that makes it really strong.
Obviously the recording is not top-notch, probably just some guys in their garage, but it doesn’t change it for me.