November 2nd, 2011 | Images, MOTHER 3

Rina (or possibly Lina) sent me this recently:

Hi! I can speak english too, actually. Recently I found a couple bits of japanese fan art and manga that I thought was pretty funny.

Link :

Maybe it’s something you’ve already seen before..?

I realize it probably won’t be much interesting to most fans of this site since it’s in English, but I thought maybe you might find it a bit amusing since you understand japanese and all!

I’d like to translate stuff sometime, but I don’t know how. 🙁

Indeed, it’s all in Japanese, but sometimes it’s fun to check out what Japanese fans are up to. Most of the stuff there is fan art/comics, but there are some fanfics too.

Incidentally, the star rating measures that submission’s “danger level” – the more stars there are the more risque the content. There’s nothing TOO bad I don’t think (I haven’t checked everything though), just maybe some questionable situations. So if you’re worried, don’t check out the four-star stuff 😛

18 Comments to Japanese MOTHER 3 Fan Stuff

Nessu said on Nov. 2, 2011

So um… no mother or 2 stuff?

LucasPSI said on Nov. 2, 2011

We get Mother 1 or 2 stuff just abotu every day. Im glad about this. Its rare when we get Mother 3 stuff!

SonicUnderground said on Nov. 2, 2011

Have you seen the updates lately? there’s been alot of mother 3 stuff.

JAMESGHOST said on Nov. 2, 2011

Mother 3 is my fav

LucasPSI said on Nov. 2, 2011

Also… Someone please translate those comics! They look so awesome! I especially love the ones with Boney.(specifically the one with Boney being emo in the hallway and Duster and Lucas just staring at him.) XD

Mato said on Nov. 2, 2011

Most of the updates in the past month are from people sending in stuff, so it just might be that fans are especially into Mother 3 stuff.

EDIT: Looking at the latest 20 or so updates, only 7 are Mother 3 related, or about one third. Seems kind of silly to complain about that.

RadicOmega said on Nov. 2, 2011

@Nessu @LucasPSI LucasPSI, We do get a lot of Mother 3 stuff. Not currently but it isn’t some thing to complain about. Although We never get MOTHER stuff. So that is a lie. Nessu, Every post doesn’t have to be about EarthBound. Why can’t it be MOTHER 3. Although I agree we don’t get many posts on MOTHER. Although it isn’t something to complain about.

LakituAl said on Nov. 2, 2011

Bwaaaa! My PC doesn’t have a Japanese font and thus my screen is full of letters with ~s and `s!!

RandomGuardian said on Nov. 2, 2011

6 one down on the list. I don’t even have any idea how to read ANY East Asian based writing but you don’t have to know Japanese to laugh out loud on that one! 😀

Satsy said on Nov. 3, 2011

LakituAl – it’s not just you, my PC does have Japanese font and it isn’t displaying properly. Gave me a chance to find the encoding on chrome though.

I can see what’s meant by ‘risque’, some of them are a bit, er, interesting. Not bad though, good art ‘n stuff.

Fredrik said on Nov. 3, 2011

Too bad japanese people don’t know ’bout my utf-8. 🙁

Jungyin said on Nov. 3, 2011

Firefox says it uses Shift_JIS encoding.

Rina said on Nov. 4, 2011

Hey, Mato, thanks a lot for posting my link thing up on the site! I personally like the Dustfinger comics, where he’s trying to figure out who he was before he lost his memory. It did make me wonder though-why didn’t the Rope Snake explain to him everything?

Rina said on Nov. 4, 2011

OOPS I MEANT DUSTER NOT DUSTFINGER. Wow, that made me look….very stupid.

Zoom! said on Nov. 4, 2011

Whats up with that tan Lucas? O_O

SPZ said on Nov. 4, 2011

Speaking of fan art, does anybody have a 1920×1080 version of this walllpaper?

Mato said on Nov. 4, 2011

Looks like your best bet is to check the site listed at the bottom. That or edit the image to those dimensions yourself I guess.

SPZ said on Nov. 4, 2011

I did, and that was the biggest one he had. So I did end up resizing it on paint. The characters look a little bit fatter, but it’s not too bad.