August 12th, 2011 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 3

Here’s a cool orchestrated (well, not REALLY orchestrated, but arranged to sound like it) version of Phantasmagoric, the song that plays during the first part of MOTHER 3’s ending:

I like it! Now that I think about it, I think it’d be really cool if the music of the GBA game could be improved to be less scratchy and be more clear, kind of like the reverse of what happened with the music when they ported MOTHER 2 to the GBA.

12 Comments to Orchestrated Phantasmagoric

Zafum said on Aug. 12, 2011

Wow, thank you! This isn’t a great quality piece, especially in it’s lack of good equalization or compression. But it was also my first attempt at anything big and orchestral like that.

I have started working on a Mother 3 orchestrated series that will include about every piece from the game (a bit more grand than just a higher quality remix though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgfXKkPPA_U

LucasPSI said on Aug. 12, 2011

This is soo beautiful!!! ^.^

Lucky~* said on Aug. 12, 2011

Sounds even more beautiful than the original one in the game. We really need an orchestra playing all the songs from Mother 3, it would be something wonderful to hear!

RandomGuardian said on Aug. 12, 2011

O-O my favorite piece of music orchestrated!!! You are my hero, atleast for the next 8 minuets…

Poe said on Aug. 12, 2011

The title made me think this had something to do with that weirdo Phantasm movie. Still, a nice arrangement 🙂

LucasTizma said on Aug. 12, 2011

I had no idea that was the title of that song… I was with Poe on this one. 😛

Anyway, I would be in heaven if all of MOTHER could be orchestrated! 😀

EarthBound015 said on Aug. 12, 2011

Oh man, Poe, I loved the Phantasm movies!

kenisu said on Aug. 12, 2011

Well, even though this arrangement doesn’t sound much of anything how I imagined an orchestrated rendition would sound like, I am glad Phantasmagoric is finally getting attention. It’s my favorite piece from the entire game, and I was so disappointed when it wasn’t on MOTHER 3i.

Zafum said on Aug. 12, 2011

^ Really this orchestration was originally just for me to get familiar with mixing and arranging (I didn’t do a great job, but it at least did that); In fact, I could probably make it sound infinitely better in almost every way in just a couple/few hours work.

kenisu said on Aug. 13, 2011

^ Well, if you ever do, I’d love to hear it!!

Leirin said on Aug. 14, 2011

This is one of my all-time favorite pieces of music, ever. And this does it far more justice than I imagined it would!

BigDream said on Oct. 14, 2011

Reminds me of judgement day…
*Sob*…

• Karmageddon: @Esper Heh, my bad. But remember though. We had to lower the quality of the recording to make it work on hardware.
  • Esper: Dammit I’d prefer the new one if the “set” didn’t such blow into the mic. Love the official Lucas voice though!
  • Earthbounder: Wonder if their is a way to use the alt english translation with this voice patch
  • game4brains: @Franklin Badger I would’ve guessed chocolate labradoodle.
  • Matt: Lucas has an english voice actor in Smash Bros.? Why, when they still use the original JP voice clips for Ness?