June 9th, 2011 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, MOTHER 1

A little while back, SmaMan told me he was doing a segment on his weekly public radio show about Keiichi Suzuki and Hirokazu Tanaka, the musicians behind MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2. The recording is now up on the web for all to hear, so check it out here! The EarthBound stuff starts around 8:40 in.

7 Comments to MOTHER Musicians on Public Radio

Random Guardian said on Jun. 9, 2011

Hmmmmmm. Radio PSI, on the radio 😀
spread the Earthbound love even if it isn’t Earthbound directly. Good job!

PKSTARMAN said on Jun. 9, 2011

Congrats Smaman! Now he can get people into EB via radio! Thank god that EB has one of the best soundtracks in the story of videogames.

SmaMan said on Jun. 9, 2011

Thanks guys! Yeah I hope we can get a few converts that way. I periodically use music from the Mother series here and there, as well as a few other games. (You’ll notice some Chrono Trigger before that segment.)

Also, feel free to point out any facts I may have botched up… because I imagine I probably did…

Rhyselinn said on Jun. 10, 2011

7:53 Chrono Trigger for anybody who cares 😀 😀
I have never heard it jazzed up like that. That’s fantastic 🙂

SmaMan said on Jun. 10, 2011

It’s from the “Brink of Time” album Square released. Sadly, that’s one of the few good tracks on it. 🙁

Anonymous said on Jun. 11, 2011

If anyone cares, the song at the beginning is “The Voice” by The Alan Parsons Project. Kinda surprised me that they used it.

SmaMan said on Jun. 11, 2011

Yup, it’s our theme song we’ve been using since our inception two years ago. We were actually about to call the show “Voice of Entertainment.”

Still, it pleases me to find another Alan Parsons fan who recognized the tune! 😀

• Karmageddon: @Esper Heh, my bad. But remember though. We had to lower the quality of the recording to make it work on hardware.
  • Esper: Dammit I’d prefer the new one if the “set” didn’t such blow into the mic. Love the official Lucas voice though!
  • Earthbounder: Wonder if their is a way to use the alt english translation with this voice patch
  • game4brains: @Franklin Badger I would’ve guessed chocolate labradoodle.
  • Matt: Lucas has an english voice actor in Smash Bros.? Why, when they still use the original JP voice clips for Ness?