Popular Posts:

None found

April 16th, 2011 | EarthBound, Merchandise

I totally forgot about the existence of the MOTHER 2 Zippo lighters until Poe made a page about them the other day – basically, about twenty or so specially-made lighters were made for some people on the staff of MOTHER 2. Each one had a name and number engraved on them by hand, the one above is Shigesato Itoi’s, for example.

I can’t find much more info on these, there used to be some images of another one owned by this guy (the guy in the photo here) on the old Japanese Mother Party site here and here, but it looks like they’ve been lost to the sands of time 😐

So few were made, I wonder how many are still around. Itoi doesn’t smoke anymore, maybe someday a fan can take it off his hands or something 😛

11 Comments to The MOTHER 2 Zippo Lighters

Lucas said on Apr. 16, 2011

I didn’t know those existed. They sure made a lot of weird Mother stuff.

LucasTizma said on Apr. 16, 2011

I wonder if some super crazy Zippo collector has one of these. 😛

MoonSide said on Apr. 16, 2011

Those look so cool and I don’t even smoke.XD

Rafael R120 said on Apr. 17, 2011

Damn, I’d do anything for one of those :O.

Onion said on Apr. 17, 2011

So pretty….

door said on Apr. 18, 2011

I’ve been a smoker for four years and I’ve never had a Zippo (largely because plain old disposable lighters are far easier to deal with), but I’d love a MOTHER Zippo. How cool!

chaobreeder20 said on Apr. 19, 2011

Earthbounds new ad campaign-This Game Chokes!

Onion said on Sep. 11, 2012

Ever considered e-mailing the Mother Party site owner and seeing if he’s still got all his old images archived?

Mato said on Sep. 11, 2012

I used to be in decent contact with him, but haven’t heard from him in a while. The last time I talked to him I asked if he still had all his old pictures, but never got a response. I’m pretty sure he’s moved on and doesn’t bother with the Mother site anymore.

Onion said on Sep. 11, 2012