January 13th, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Reminded. It’s a quiet little MOTHER 3 song used during Chapter 6 I think (correct me if I’m wrong, and I probably am). It’s kinda okay I guess, nothing special. There’s a ton of music in MOTHER 3, but I’d say a good number of songs don’t really stand out from the rest, like this one.

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered, this plays at the start of Chapter 4, at the mirror. I knew Chapter 6 was wrong. I liked that mirror scene. No talking, but it worked well. I know how Lucas felt there very well.

6 Comments to Music Talk: Reminded

vivi3000 said on Jan. 13, 2009

I’m only just now playing through Mother 3 for the first time, though I tried in Japanese before, and one thing I’ve really noticed in the game is the music. I mean the Mother series has some of my favourite video game music already no questions asked. But Mother 3’s music seems to touch me on such a personal level especially in the tracks like this which are more ambient.

Not that previous tracks in the series haven’t given me a very profound sense of spine tingling ‘Wow’ but Mother 3 not only does that but it does it while giving you and the character a sense of belonging to the story. Or that’s how I would describe it.

This is one of those tracks that did that for me. It’s melancholic, sweet and longing and it’s just so Mother 3.

nekoaitsu said on Jan. 13, 2009

This song is.. in a sense, beautiful I loved this song, and the moment during the game. I like your sharing of music. Thank you. 😀

Difegue said on Jan. 13, 2009

Ahh I remember this song.
Well-fitting the scene.

satsy said on Jan. 13, 2009

Definitely very calming. So peaceful.

Poe said on Jan. 13, 2009

Waah I don’t remember that scene! But the music is nice.

Alxprit said on Jan. 13, 2009

I like the song, but what I don’t like is that only 10 seconds of it is played in the actual game. But I guess that’s what the sound player is for. I mean, you don’t get to hear all of Sambe da Cambo either.

• Karmageddon: @Esper Heh, my bad. But remember though. We had to lower the quality of the recording to make it work on hardware.
  • Esper: Dammit I’d prefer the new one if the “set” didn’t such blow into the mic. Love the official Lucas voice though!
  • Earthbounder: Wonder if their is a way to use the alt english translation with this voice patch
  • game4brains: @Franklin Badger I would’ve guessed chocolate labradoodle.
  • Matt: Lucas has an english voice actor in Smash Bros.? Why, when they still use the original JP voice clips for Ness?