January 14th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge

Look! Someone’s talking about EarthBound!

1UP.com’s Retronauts latest podcast is about MOTHER, EarthBound, Itoi, nostalgia, history, and all kinds of other related stuff. So check it out! If you want to skip straight to the EB stuff, jump to about 15:20 in.

6 Comments to 1UP.com EarthBound Podcast

Emily said on Jan. 14, 2009

Wow, sounds pretty cool. I shall give it a listen.

ChickenHunter said on Jan. 14, 2009

Ill have to give it a listen asap

Psychomax said on Jan. 16, 2009

I listen to Retronauts regularly, and even without my Earthbound-fan bias, this was one of their better podcasts. I really liked the stuff they said about the Mother games exploring a shared childhood nostalgia, and I think they got their description of us right on the nose ๐Ÿ™‚

Mato said on Jan. 16, 2009

Yeah, I liked it too. The last EB-related podcast I listened to (not 1Up) was oh my god so so bad I cringed until I was inside out ๐Ÿ˜›

I think the only issues I had with this podcast was that some of the facts were wrong and that sometimes research wasn’t done. The guy asking about if the fan translation would prevent an official release from happening especially. It’s certainly a valid concern and question… but he had like two+ years of time to look into that. Or just check the translation About page the day beforehand ๐Ÿ˜›

But otherwise it was pretty cool, I usually can’t stand podcasts, but I managed to listen to this one in one sitting when I should’ve been working instead ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tsukihime said on Jan. 17, 2009

That’s pretty cool. I don’t know if I could actually listen to it, but if I get time to I might.

Joe Cam said on Jan. 24, 2009

Hell yeah, bustin out all the Bound Together tunes!

• Samwise Jamboree: If we got the development money together, it’d start thirteen years ago. Happy belated thirteenth birthday, M3 Fan...
  • Rฤma: If we collect the development costs for the English version of โ€œMother3โ€ through crowdfunding, will the project start to move?
  • Samuel Layton: It’s a bit disappointing that he doesn’t want to show off more of EB 64, but it is what it is. At least the spirit of...
  • VinchVolt: Hey, we all have a silly side to us.
  • Mook: How is no one talking about how he called his most recognised creation “Panties”