An In-depth French MOTHER Series Article
EB / MOTHER Books and Novels
Ordering from Japanese Sites
I've included links to places like Amazon Japan and Yahoo! Auctions Japan (YAJ for short), but ordering things from these places can be kind of tricky.
Amazon Japan: Ordering from Amazon Japan isn't too bad, but you might be scared by all the Japanese text at first. But fear not! On most Amazon Japan pages is a link you can click that will turn a lot of the site's text into English for you. The other thing you'll need to know is that 1. Amazon Japan can't and won't ship games outside of Japan and 2. if you're ordering a used item, not all sellers will ship internationally. But otherwise Amazon Japan is a cinch to order from.
Yahoo! Auctions Japan: This is an absolute treasure trove of MOTHER merchandise. Sadly, it's not very convenient to use if you're not in Japan. Most sellers won't ship outside of Japan and will probably be freaked out if you ask them a question in English. If you're not in Japan and don't know Japanese, then you'll need to use a service like Celga that will bid on stuff for you and then ship you the stuff once they receive it.
For more details and a more comprehensive list of go-between services, check out this page on Game Swag.
- Yosh: And Nintendo doesn’t approve things such as ripping a ROM from a cartridge and modifying its content.
- notagain: @Staremen Please do some research first. The fan translation is not a ROM. It is a patch for ones, and the link leads to that...
- WorldBound: I’m not sayin’ Nintendo’s wrong!
- Staremen: Honestly anyone who is saying Nintendo is “wrong” for doing this just dont understand. Promoting ROMS on Nintendo’s own...
- WorldBound: Y’all are probably gonna hate me for this, but would anyone be interested in joining Operation WorldBound? We’re a fangroup...