It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Anybody ever broken a game before?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:45 am 
Hey guys, I started this topic because my Earthbound cartridge, which I acquired a few years ago, was just recently disassembled violently by a chocolate-colored lab. After scolding my dog, desperately trying to fix it with hot glue and double sided tape, and sobbing for hours, it got me to thinking, how many games have i destroyed? I ransacked my closet looking for old games, and finally accumulated a a large collection of broken cartridges and discs ranging from old NES and SEGA Genesis games, to Wii and Xbox discs, which I now store inside a very treasured drawer in my desk.

So Anyways, what games have you smashed, broken, and/or shattered? feel free to post them here.

P.S. I can now say that me and my dog have the same great "Taste" in video games. The loss of Earthbound was Almost worth it just for the sake of that pun. Almost.

Post subject: Re: Anybody ever broken a game before?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:38 am 
First off, kudos on the stellar pun. I actually 'lol'led when I read that. On that same note, non-kudos on the Earthbound doggie incident. That would frustrate me terribly.

I remember absolutely dismantling a Mario 3 NES cartridge a few years back. Although I can't remember the reason. All I remember is there being a bunch of Mario 3 pieces in a little plastic ziplock bag.

NEW MOTHER/Earthbound items are added often, be sure to save me as a favorite seller!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:13 am 
I've never destroyed a game intentionally what is wrong with y'all

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:48 pm 
Hey Typheus - is it just the plastic cartridge shell that's damaged? If the guts are still intact, you could probably stick them inside the shell of another SNES game and still keep your EarthBound!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:17 pm 
Pigmask Private: I have never intentionally broken a game before either. All of those fragments Of games were accidentally broken, and/or chewed up by my ravenous dog. I don't think I could bring myself to destroy a game intentionally, unless I was dissecting it for repair purposes.

Poe: unfortunately, the contents of the cartdridge were damaged beyond repair. Trust me, I tried. Thanks for the advice though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm 
I've actually literally took apart a game and dipped in water becasue I was curious. It ended up breaking, so I ended up fixing it.

And LOL that joke is HILARIOUS :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:49 am 
I've never broken a game, well not that I can remember. I scratched up a sonic adventure disc so it would freeze at one specific level (thus I couldn't finish the game) but the disc was a bootleg anyway and I got a real copy of the game later on anyway. I've had games I bought off ebay that have come broken but if you count the sonic adventure than I've only broken one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:28 am 
Oh, I remember now, my Mario 3 wasn't working, but instead of throwing it away, I wanted to see it's guts! Also, I borrowed Super Smash Bros Melee from a friend back in like '03ish and a another friend of mine threw it in the microwave for 3 seconds...

I DO NOT recommend doing that...

NEW MOTHER/Earthbound items are added often, be sure to save me as a favorite seller!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 pm 
Your dog just gave EB prices a subtle push upwards. BAD DOG!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:29 am 
I think I may have once almost broken a copy of SF4 (by throwing it at the wall) because it was such a piece of shit.
And I don't want to swear, but I just hate that game so much. It's not very fun (understatement) when not even halfway in all the computers just spam and cheat. Nobody I know even plays Street Fighter besides my brother.

He sold it later. It's probably the best for my sanity.

OBJECTION!

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next