It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:41 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Favorite Mr. Saturn merch
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 pm 
I was gonna title this "Geppu's Base Mr. Saturn plush vs. the original plush" but then after writing my post, I realized how lame the thread would have been.

Anyway, I finally got my accumulation of merch from Japan from over the past 9 months and after finally looking at the Belch's base Mr. Saturn in person and holding it, I like it WAY more than the big or the mini one. In fact, it's my favorite piece of Mr. Saturn merch. It seems the perfect size for a plush and perfect shape and proportions for Dosei-san. :geek:

Yeah, so I felt like making a thread just for that... but to make it less boring, I'm epanding it to see what everyone else's favorite Mr. Saturn plush (or figure/keychain/strap) is.

......This also makes me wonder if anyone has or will do a complete Mr. Saturn "raising the bar" photo. If I'm thinking of everything, they'd go in this order: Coca-cola keychain, M1+2 pre-order strap, mini figure, mini plush, trash can plush, ball n' chain plush, original plush, big PVC figure thing, giant plush, and... just in case anyone's got one laying around, the giant robot saturn.

"that's why I believe that it's sometimes okay to beat a dead dog with a stick. because, sometimes people need to see that dead dog get beat, to realize the meaning of what it is to beat a dog." -kyoo

Post subject: Re: Favorite Mr. Saturn merch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:08 pm 
Aw man! Between the two of us, Mato and I have every Mr. Saturn figure/plush except the GIANT plush and this thing: http://gameswag.com/view/mother-12-mr-saturn-statue/ (oh wait, we also don't have the one that came with the art book) I would SO totally take a "raising the bar" photo if we had everything! But I suppose I can still do one for all the other stuff we have :)

Of the figures, the Super DX Saturn is my favorite: http://gameswag.com/view/mother-2-super ... vc-figure/ It's big and weird and would surely make anyone who visits do a double-take if they saw it on display ;)

I don't have that giant Mr. Saturn plush, but I want to say THAT one is my favorite. Just cuz I've always wanted to hug that huge thing! But of the ones Mato owns, I think I like the Ball and Chain one the best too. That one does seem to have the perfect proportions. The Saturn in a trash can plush is basically a smaller version of that ball and chain one (same proportions), so that places second for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:49 pm 
My favorite is still the MOTHER3 Mr. Disguised Saturn plush. He's my best friend, sitting there on my shoulder looking all mysterious in his bandanna while I play video games.

I know the proportions on it are wrong, but it's still my favorite. However, i'd have to say the Art book plushie does the best job of matching the in-game sprite.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:34 pm 
Hey neonix, it's not exactly what you asked for, but I put most of the Mr. Saturns we have next to each other in the second half of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFT-hlvv3ts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:42 pm 
My favorite is probably the regular sized Mother 3 Mr. Saturn plush toys. I'd love to buy one I and I'm hoping to sometime in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:55 pm 
I have the Trash Can Doseisan and the Ball-and-chain Doseisan, and I like the Trash can one the best. The size of the ball-and-chain one is nicer, but it's so sad to see him chained up...

Plus, the trash can is really cool looking!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:26 pm 
My favorite one is the HUGE Mr. Saturn plushie!
It's the most authentic plushie for me, it even comes along with an Escargot Express shipping box!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]