EarthBound Pogs

BroBuzz

Re: EarthBound Pogs

Postby BroBuzz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm gonna bid on these for like 150 or something. And can anyone tell me what the hell pogs are?
Megaman will headbang intil his head falls off...

kyoo

Postby kyoo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:07 pm

pogs come from a drink "pineapple orange guava" and pogs are the lids that came on the bottle. people made games out of the lids. and then suddenly they started to sell pogs without the bottles. and I left a bunch out but that's the 2.5 second version of what a pog is.
we only believe what we choose to believe. truth is only true if we choose to believe it's true. human limitation is believing we don't choose what we believe.
"know" is far more important than the word "no"

Roo

Postby Roo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 am

This drives me nuts. I was one of those stupid people that got the EB Pogs back in the day (I don't know why, I've never played with pogs), and now I have no idea where they are. Story of my life.

By the way, why is Poo the only main character in pog form? Weird selection.

FinalstarmanDX

Postby FinalstarmanDX » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

I'd say $150-170, but that's if they're near mint.

kyoo

Postby kyoo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:34 am

Roo wrote:This drives me nuts. I was one of those stupid people that got the EB Pogs back in the day (I don't know why, I've never played with pogs), and now I have no idea where they are. Story of my life.

By the way, why is Poo the only main character in pog form? Weird selection.

I too had these, don't know how I had them. but I did. but I was a kid and the way I thought of it was "POGS ARE STUPID" and I gave it to my friend who had a pog collection and played pogs everyday. I don't regret it though. because he is an earthbound fan. and my gift to him made him so happy.

and why is Poo the only one in Pog form? why not poo?
we only believe what we choose to believe. truth is only true if we choose to believe it's true. human limitation is believing we don't choose what we believe.

$BB$

Postby $BB$ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:36 am

Because you can't spell Poo or pog without "po."

Buck Fever

Postby Buck Fever » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 am

The Pogs always seemed to me to be a cheap way to make extra money off of the game. it just looks really thrown together without much attention to detail.

However, given the popularity of Pogs back then, they may have been the coolest thing around. I'm not sure, I never went along with the fad.
Guh

kyoo

Postby kyoo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:27 am

they were huge (pogs) I wasn't ever a part of the pog fad. but OMG! so many of my friends were crazy about pogs. it got so bad at my school they had to make special rules just for pogs. because kids were using pogs as a source of gambling.<---true story!!!! but as an earthbound fan. since it's earthbound related. I'd see myself buying these in the future. as long as I buy them for less than $150

neonix

Postby neonix » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 pm

I can't believe someone came in and sniped those pogs for over $250! I had a $251 snipe on them but wasn't expecting to pay more than $100-150. I'm kind of glad the mystery bidder with 0 feedback came in and swooped it. I was planning to frame the thing and hang it though. Would have made a great wall piece. :(

And the design is definitely one of the most awful things I've ever seen. The thing would have looked totally awesome if they had used the picture of the Starman DX that they already had for the box, cart, and all the posters.

The characters they chose isn't so odd when you think about it though. They are all the smelly characters that they used in for the marketing and on the Scratch & Sniff cards (Maybe the Mach Pizza guy could have been a good hint, Idk if these pogs were advertised/sold before the mystery smell promotion ended). And I guess Poo is just smelly due to his name. Oh those Nintendo jokesters. :roll:
⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
"that's why I believe that it's sometimes okay to beat a dead dog with a stick. because, sometimes people need to see that dead dog get beat, to realize the meaning of what it is to beat a dog." -kyoo

kyoo

Postby kyoo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 am

if it wasn't earthbound related. I'd be shocked. but earthbound fans never shock me with how far they'll go to own a little piece of earthbound treasure.

Return to “EarthBound / MOTHER Merchandise Discussion”