It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: What is your opinion of Earthbound Zero/Mother?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:11 am 
PK Saturn wrote:
I don't consider 8-bit graphics and especially 8-bit music a "Fault". I consider them assets.

same here. I feel it adds to the over all appeal to the game and makes it more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 am 
I didn't mean it like that. I like EB0's graphics and music. I'm saying that a lot of modern gamers would consider them to be a weakness or fault, maybe even to the extent of not playing the game (their loss), simply because they aren't state-of-the-art graphics or anything by today's standards. Would updating EB0's graphics and music make it a better game? I don't know. A lot of modern gamers would say yes. (I hope that cleared things up a little. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 pm 
I got really far and lost my save file. :/ I'm probably not going to play it again for awhile. I mean, it was a good game, but it takes a little while to get a decent way through it. With all the battles and what not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 pm 
Rhyselinn wrote:
I didn't mean it like that. I like EB0's graphics and music. I'm saying that a lot of modern gamers would consider them to be a weakness or fault, maybe even to the extent of not playing the game (their loss), simply because they aren't state-of-the-art graphics or anything by today's standards. Would updating EB0's graphics and music make it a better game? I don't know. A lot of modern gamers would say yes. (I hope that cleared things up a little. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.)

That's a really good question. I think at some point, graphics are definitely important. MOTHER is very old, so a refresh might boost its popularity... *stares at Mato for some reason*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:34 am 
I'm coming around the bend on this one. All I have left is the final boss stretch and then I'm done. This is my second playthrough and, well, yeah. I played through my first time when the game was relatively new to the rom scene (approx. one year after release) and I must have had more patience or more fervor for Mother back then. Don't get me wrong here. It's a great game for it's limitations but it's hard to play through, especially after games like the DQ remakes on DS have perfected menu navigation and battle speed. Just those minor updates would make the game a LOT more playable even if the game's graphics and music were not updated at all. I'm still a huge fan of a lot of the sequences though (plane ride, EVE, Teddy were all especially inventive).

I've done playthroughs of all 3 in the series recently and I can say, unequivocally and without a doubt, that Earthbound/Mother 2 is my favorite. It refined a lot of the ideas in M0 and thus I experienced the refined ideas first which led to my favoritism of the game. It also helps that I got M2 when I didn't really have a lot of money for games so all my time as a kid got sunk into it and it was kind of an escape from a lot of 'kid stresses' if that makes sense. Personal preference, mind.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:27 pm 
what i love about Mother: eight melodies, tank, airplane, music, Magicant, forgotten man, final battle, ending.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:26 am 
^pretend i wrote the message above, and then add giygas philosophy. to the end of it :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 am 
^pretends i wrote the message above, and then didn't forget to add Giygas phisophy to the end of it :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 am 
^Pretend I wrote about Giygas=fetus=abortion theory.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:02 am 
^ kyoo loves the fetus theory.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2