Animated EarthBound Parody
This isn’t very well-known outside of Japan, but one day, while on a fishing trip, Shigesato Itoi visited a small curry shop near Mt. Fuji and was wowed by the curry they had there. His praise made the curry famous across the country, and thus “Itoriki Curry” was born, and an entire business built up around it apparently. Apparently this Itoriki Curry uses Japanese saké to get...Read More »
I don’t remember where I came across this picture. It might’ve been from an EarthBound convention some people had a while back. Anyway, Mr. Saturn pancakes! On a laptop! (click to biggify) I love pancakes, so I don’t know why I never thought to make those before. I’ll have to try next time. Anybody else ever attempted to make EarthBound-ish food like this before? ...Read More »
A good while back, Starmen.Net forumgoer Dosei-san had a birthday. And this was the birthday cake! (click to make big-big) Here are some alternate shots of the cake too: 2, 3 Anybody else had EarthBound-themed festivities like this? ...Read More »
Continuing with this and this, we’ll take a look at another real-life foodatorium that’s played a part in the EarthBound series in some way. This time, Izumi visited the Antendo bakery in Kichijoji. If you’re unfamiliar with this and how it’s connected to the EarthBound series, read this and also see these pics from MOTHER 3: Also, in the chance you don’t know wha...Read More »
A kind of small update to the previous entry in which Izumi visited a restaurant mentioned in MOTHER 2. Last night I came across a Japanese site that had a video of someone visiting the same restaurant, and they made a video about it, so I subtitled it into English real quick. Here you go! There are a number of other restaurants mentioned in MOTHER 3, and I’ll talk about them later on. Izum...Read More »
In MOTHER 2 and MOTHER 3, Shigesato Itoi sometimes included little references to real-life shops and restaurants in Japan that he really liked. For example, a fellow in Fourside talks about how if he dug up treasure, he’d go to Japan to live it up. In the MOTHER 2 version of the script, he goes on to say that he’d specifically go to the Katsuman restaurant in Tokyo and order three of ...Read More »
I didn’t make these, in fact, I forget who did make them. But they look awesome. Good job mystery cookie person! BTW, I *was* involved in the making of Cookie Giygas some years back. Epic cookie tasted like ness ness ness it hurt it hurts ...Read More »
- BreakinBenny: @game4brains Are you surprised the GBA games sound much better when their sounds are extracted through GBAMusRiper? I think...
- Iw: Hyperstar, I looked up the trophy in question you keep talking about when it comes to a “love interest”. If it’s the same one...
- Anonymous: Are you sure this wouldn’t be a great opportunity to rally the troops to put together a nice definitive localization of the Mother...
- Anonymous: Hyperstar96, incredibly literal interpretation of language is detrimental. Stop derailing conversation with it.
- Leeaux: @Hyperstar96 You completely missed the point I was making by focusing on a small mistake that I already corrected.