Snowman in EarthBound Form
I don’t remember where I came across this picture. It might’ve been from an EarthBound convention some people had a while back. Anyway, Mr. Saturn pancakes! On a laptop! (click to biggify) I love pancakes, so I don’t know why I never thought to make those before. I’ll have to try next time. Anybody else ever attempted to make EarthBound-ish food like this before? ...Read More »
A good while back, Starmen.Net forumgoer Dosei-san had a birthday. And this was the birthday cake! (click to make big-big) Here are some alternate shots of the cake too: 2, 3 Anybody else had EarthBound-themed festivities like this? ...Read More »
Continuing with this and this, we’ll take a look at another real-life foodatorium that’s played a part in the EarthBound series in some way. This time, Izumi visited the Antendo bakery in Kichijoji. If you’re unfamiliar with this and how it’s connected to the EarthBound series, read this and also see these pics from MOTHER 3: Also, in the chance you don’t know wha...Read More »
A kind of small update to the previous entry in which Izumi visited a restaurant mentioned in MOTHER 2. Last night I came across a Japanese site that had a video of someone visiting the same restaurant, and they made a video about it, so I subtitled it into English real quick. Here you go! There are a number of other restaurants mentioned in MOTHER 3, and I’ll talk about them later on. Izum...Read More »
In MOTHER 2 and MOTHER 3, Shigesato Itoi sometimes included little references to real-life shops and restaurants in Japan that he really liked. For example, a fellow in Fourside talks about how if he dug up treasure, he’d go to Japan to live it up. In the MOTHER 2 version of the script, he goes on to say that he’d specifically go to the Katsuman restaurant in Tokyo and order three of ...Read More »
I didn’t make these, in fact, I forget who did make them. But they look awesome. Good job mystery cookie person! BTW, I *was* involved in the making of Cookie Giygas some years back. Epic cookie tasted like ness ness ness it hurt it hurts ...Read More »
Cookie is from a mini-Starmen.Net convention at my house in 2005, which was the 10th anniversary of EarthBound’s release also. Cookies are hard to make look good if you’re not a chef. But some other conventions have had nicer-looking EB food, as seen here. There should be a Starmen.Net Iron Chef contest to make the coolest EB stuff. Only then will our nerdiness destroy us all. ...Read More »
- Zack: The petitions…are absorbed…by the darkness.
- Justin: Iwata said they brought over EarthBound because of the Miiverse reaction and Project Rainfall rather clearly had an impact. I think Reggie...
- Gradon: I think that the Rainfall petition barely had an effect on Xenoblade coming over to the US. Nintendo of Europe are keen for niche games and...
- 2Sang: I think petitions are still fun to do and prove a point to nintendo, even if they don’t take action in response. It’s their loss...
- Halloween: There can’t be that many people who would go through the trouble of signing a petition for a game they weren’t going to buy,...