EB Keychain Adventures! Ep. 8
Adam sent me an e-mail over the weekend about EarthBound and GameStop stores:
I’ve been following the Earthbound Bash, and it was quite a story. What an inspiration!
Anyhow, today I was in a Gamestop in Houston, Texas when my wife pointed out that they were selling Earthbound VC downloads (in addition to other classic titles). I snapped a few pictures for you.
I’m not really sure this qualifies as news, but I haven’t seen it mentioned on Earthbound Central. Really I was just kind of nostalgic about seeing Earthbound in a physical store again.
So I guess you can pay for Virtual Console downloads from GameStop stores – I guess it would be a cool way to gift VC games to people or something, actually. Anyway, it looks like empty game boxes have been fitted with info about various Virtual Console games, and here’s what they got for EarthBound!
Seriously, I can’t believe that EarthBound ANYTHING is in a GameStop store I dunno about you, but this has been feeling way more like the Year of EarthBound than the Year of Luigi!
Also, mega collectors, this box info thing might your chance to add something new to your collection! It almost feels like the next generation of those EarthBound in-store display cards
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to GameStop Has Some EarthBound Stuff
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound Earth Bound WORKING SAVE FUNCTION DUST COVER Super Nintendo SNES 1995
- Oh My: It’s not about the game. It’s about the title. I have no interest in playing most fan games. The only reason I gave Mother 4 the...
- Anonymous: “Developers’ deceit” sounds a bit conspiratorial. Accepting it? Oh my, The entirety of that syntactic arrangement is...
- Oh My: Raiden, you’re narrowing it down a little too much. There were many reasons why I object to it being called Mother 4. Non-official...
- Raiden: Alright I hate to be a chatty cathy but let me narrow it down: Since it’s not official it shouldn’t be called Mother 4? So let...
- Raiden: Maybe I’m just stupid!lol