September 22nd, 2017 | EarthBound, Itoi, Merchandise

Each year, there seems to be more and more EarthBound (well, MOTHER 2) merchandise in the Hobonichi Planner shop. This year there are four new covers for the original A6 planner, a new Weeks cover, and a Mr. Saturn card case:

All of the MOTHER 2 covers come with a bonus Mr. Saturn notepad:

All of these covers and more are for sale right now! Check out the whole cover lineup here.

12 Comments to New EarthBound 2018 Techo Covers

adex said on Sep. 25, 2017

OMG why did they put another NUDE ness on here? I hate Itoi’s company soooo much for thinking that fans want to see this! DSGUSTING

rae said on Sep. 25, 2017

@adex, please remember that nudity in Japan means purity. That’s not even disgusting, rationalise yourself, and read some facts about it.

get fucc said on Sep. 25, 2017

oh gee time to spend extra on imports cause it aint comin to the US

Chairman of the Bored said on Sep. 26, 2017

Hey, an update. It’s been a long while since the site used to be busy. Not saying it’s bad or anything, but now that I think about it, it kinda shows how EarthBound has escaped it’s underground popularity into the mainstream. Or maybe it just shows that there’s about as much going on with EarthBound as there is with F-Zero. F-Zero’s been dead for over ten years now, so I guess that isn’t too good of a comparison. Speaking of comparisons, I really dug that Legends of Localization book. I liked how it felt and smelled. Few things are better than cracking open a fresh book. Like opening a Pokemon Theme Deck box from twenty years ago. Mm, aged ink. Man, I’m bored. At least I’m bored and sentient instead of board and… not sentient.

adex said on Sep. 27, 2017

@rae: nudity certainly isnt purity in japan as evidenced by the fact that they pixelate ALL genitals in all media (or omit them entirely). This naked Ness is degenerate and does nothing but promote pedophilia.

Poe said on Sep. 27, 2017

Dang, if a naked sprite bothers you that much, don’t buy the cover. Let it rest, dude.

Jason said on Sep. 28, 2017

I’ve always wanted a techo but I’ve never had the money for one especially when I honestly don’t think I’d actually use it.

Mr. Saturn is always a winner and that one manages to be fun yet classy. I like the lime green Magicant one too. But it’s hard to beat some of the previous Mother 2 covers.

(And based on the number of paintings of boys skinny dipping by Norman Rockwell, this type of nudity is ok in American culture too. Nobody cares, sheesh…)

Anonymous said on Sep. 28, 2017

I’m with Jason, I’d like one, but they’re a bit expensive and I don’t really have a use for a daily planner.

Maybe if it was a binder or something that I could put cheap paper into it might be really nice scrap paper holder-thing for whatever use. If I was to get one I’d probably go with that multi-area one or that classy Mr.Saturn one.

I have absolutely no idea if Adex is joking or not. It’s Poe’s law.

maxenvellzen said on Oct. 3, 2017

@adex,

Calm down.

All of these covers are awesome.

DJ said on Oct. 5, 2017

I get where you’re coming from adex, but heck they do the same sort of nudity as purity thing in America all the time. Yes, saying it ALWAYS equals purity is pretty silly, but from Adam and Eve to all those roman paintings, it’s a pretty common theme around the world.

As for children, there’s really nothing about that sprite that is even detailed enough to make anything out. He’s a ken doll up there. Yes, Japanese media does in fact have a major problem with promoting pedophilia, especially lately, but I don’t think this is an example of it. This is more akin to the opening of the original Superman movie, unless baby Clark Kent walking around naked was supposed to promote it too.

Chairman of the Bored said on Oct. 6, 2017

I find it fascinating we’re still acknowledging Adex’s comments. I don’t mean to put him down, but I’m under the impression they were posted less with the mind of a rock dweller and more with the intent of stirring things up. I guess I’m no better, though. At least it keeps this new post active, I s’pose.

georgesoros said on Nov. 6, 2017

i heard that kevin spacey owns the magicant cover.