April 21st, 2017 | EarthBound, EarthBound 64, Merchandise, MOTHER 3, Videos

A bunch of EarthBound things have happened lately, so here’s a quick look at some of them!

• Lasgna Cat is back, and one of the short episodes featured some MOTHER 3 stuff:

• One of those super-rare MOTHER 2 jackets went up for auction in Japan. The starting bid of $2000 scared everyone away, though, so it went without any bids at all.
  • A semi-rare EarthBound ruler hit eBay and eventually sold for $152.50.
  • NeoGAF user aparisi2274 shared a shakey-cam video recording from their visit to E3 1995, about a month before EarthBound was released. About 2 hours and 17 minutes in is a look at EarthBound being playable at the event, as well as big promo displays for the game.
  • Shigesato Itoi was impressed by a fan’s Animal Crossing creation:

• Picosaru updated the Nintendo Cast Roll video recently, which you can see here:

• The 11th anniversary of MOTHER 3’s release in Japan was yesterday. I can’t believe it’s already been 11 years 😯 That’s the same amount of time that passed between EarthBound’s release and MOTHER 3’s release!
  • A supermarket produce department knew what they were doing:

• The Video Game History Foundation recently dug up some EarthBound 64/MOTHER 3 N64 screenshots sent to media outlets back in the 90s. They’re nothing new, but it’s cool to see them in better quality than ever before AND without watermarks. I’m not sure if they’ve made a full release of these pics yet, but I know they’ve been found and rounded up at the very least.

That’s all I can recall at the moment – let me know if I missed any other news from the past many weeks!

10 Comments to Lots of Recent EarthBound Happenings

Leeaux said on Apr. 21, 2017

And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.

neonix said on Apr. 21, 2017

Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it.

Oh well, guess I’ll keep waiting another 6 or 7 years for the next one, lol.

KingOfSwords said on Apr. 21, 2017

For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:

Also, congrats on becoming a grocery mascot! But did you beat Ness?

Fred bounder said on Apr. 22, 2017

You missed the pk album from fangamer!!

Sat said on Apr. 26, 2017

2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh.

Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve seen them all before..

Britney J. said on May. 1, 2017

Those Earthbound 64 screenshots are a spicy meatball.

DJ said on May. 4, 2017

I don’t think the creators of Lasagnacat get the intended joke of that comic, if the tone they read it in is any indication.

Br said on May. 10, 2017

Could you include a source link for that last part about the Video Game History Foundation?

Lochy said on May. 13, 2017

Quite a lot of cool stuff in here. That jacket is absolutely amazing!

Hyperstar96 said on May. 15, 2017

@DJ Then what is the joke? It’s pretty straightforward.