Random Post:

EarthBound Scarf!

February 9th, 2017 | Itoi

After about 20 years, Shigesato Itoi’s company, Hobonichi, has applied to become a publicly traded company. If everything goes well, its expected to list on the JASDAQ market in March. It’s believed the change is intended to break free from the company’s casual “some guy’s small business” image and reputation. The company’s current growth looks good, and apparently Hobonichi has been making careful preparations for this switch for several years now.

For us EarthBound fans, I guess this means we could possibly buy small bits of Shigesato Itoi’s company – talk about an unexpected piece of series-related merchandise 😯 I’ve never done any stock market stuff myself before, so I don’t know how to go about doing that, especially since it’s in a foreign market. But if anyone can share tips, please post them in the comments!

10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Company Will Soon Hit the Stock Market

StarmanAlex said on Feb. 9, 2017

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shigesato Itoi said on Feb. 9, 2017

Yeah I’m gonna be freaking rich and i stole cash from my dead father btw XD

KingMike said on Feb. 12, 2017

Buy all the stock so we can make him make Mother 4. 😛
(no, it wouldn’t turn out good unless Itoi wanted to make it)

DJ said on Feb. 15, 2017

Well, unless they lose the big account and their financial manager hangs himself. Then they’ll have to figure something else out just in time for the season finale.

Nessential said on Feb. 16, 2017

The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here:

I might buy some of the stock, but I still haven’t found any info on what the market price might be valued at once it’s listed.

NecrosaroIII said on Feb. 20, 2017

Itoi setting up his retirement

Jason said on Feb. 23, 2017

The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen.
As for those wishing to purchase a share (or shares) in his company… well, it’s a bit of a convoluted process, but there’s a website that covers it here.

cosmodos said on Mar. 7, 2017

What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he sells random stuff in the shop on the side.

DJ said on Mar. 14, 2017

From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.

Rach said on May. 9, 2017

Hobonichi’s main thing is planners and planner covers. They have a huge following (my self included)