October 21st, 2016 | Auctions, Merchandise

LucasTizma, one of the biggest EarthBound/MOTHER merchandise collectors on the planet, has recently put his entire collection up on eBay!

Naturally, the collection includes many rare items and promo materials that are nearly impossible to find these days. If you’re an EarthBound collector and can afford it, this is rare opportunity you won’t want to miss!

17 Comments to Enormous EarthBound/MOTHER Collection for Sale!

Leeaux said on Oct. 21, 2016

Man what I would do to have an Earthbound collection like that! Whew!

Butthurtfail said on Oct. 21, 2016

$10,000.00? That price is absolutely bonkers. Sorry, guy! Auction off the handmade figures and the anthology! That’ll net you fast cash.

LucasTizma said on Oct. 21, 2016

a) I’ve easily spent well over $10,000 for all of that stuff, and b) as I said in the auction, I have no interest in splitting things up and micromanaging a bunch of little sales. Too much hassle. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll just box it all back up carefully and hold on to it for another 10 years or so. Haha.

Door said on Oct. 21, 2016

I think Butthurtfail meant that 10,000 dollars was too cheap for a collection this big…

RecDra said on Oct. 22, 2016

Buyer beware: There are shota/loli doujinshis in this collection.

What on EARTH is your problem, LucasTizma?

Fred Bounder said on Oct. 22, 2016

🙁

Jason said on Oct. 22, 2016

Incredible collection!!!

I agree that you could get more by separating it a bit, simply because the max you can get for this (regardless of how much it’s worth) is the max amount of money that someone happens to have at the time, and not many will have $10,000+ available. But maybe 10 people have $2,000+ each to spend on a smaller lot.

I have a feeling that this will mainly get interest from collectibles dealers who know it’s a bargain goldmine. But earthbound fans always surprise me.

You should start a museum and charge admission lol

Good luck! You deserve a big payout for amassing such a wonderful collection. 🙂

Chairman of the Bored said on Oct. 22, 2016

What’s a doujinshi? What’s the difference between a shota and loli doujinshi for that matter?

Expert said on Oct. 23, 2016

Doujinshi is fan made work based on an existing thing. This could be a novel (or fanfic) or manga. To be a doujinshi it must be based on an existing work (that is not your own) like Earthbound or some TV show/anime/whatever.

Shota means young males, loli means young girls, so a shota/loli doujinshi is a fanmade work that contains young girls and/or boys.

The term Loli comes from the word “Lolita” which is the title of a book about a middle aged man who becomes sexually involved with a 12 year old girl

The term Shota comes from “Shōtarō” from Tetsujin 28-go, Shōtarō is a young boy, which somehow became a generic term for the genre.

There are plenty of sexual doujinshi in the Loli/Shota genres, but it could also simply contain children to be in said genre, there is some nuance in whether a work is or is not in this genre.

I hope I have answered your questions to your satisfaction. Have a nice day.

989fox989 said on Oct. 24, 2016

*sigh* if I were a rich man…

Chairman of the Bored said on Oct. 24, 2016

Thanks, Expert! I tried looking up what it was but couldn’t tell if it was simply fanfic material or weird sex stuff. I guess there isn’t too much of a difference in some cases.

Chairman of the Board said on Oct. 27, 2016

Holy smokes, someone actually scooped it up! Imagine the seller fees and costs that’ll add up. I estimate he made $9,770 from his sale because:

a) He still has to pay shipping fees. I believe using eBay’s label generator nets you 10% off shipping, so he still has to pay around $180 for label(s).

b) He’ll still have to pay seller fees, and by using the seller fee calculator, it estimated the fees amounted to $250.

Taking the $10,200 from the sale and taking the seller fees and shipping costs nets him a nice, digital stack amounting $9,770. Dumbfounding.

Expert said on Oct. 27, 2016

Hot damn. I wonder if they’re gonna display it or sell it or what.

KyleRXZero said on Oct. 27, 2016

So….Who bought it? 🙂

Chairman of the Bored said on Oct. 28, 2016

eBay’s privacy policy prevents people from seeing who bought items or one auctions. The only one who knows in Tizma. I’m guessing he sold it to some private collector. I wonder how many of these items will pop up on eBay when that collector receives everything…
All we know is that the buyer’s username starts with “_” and ends with “s”.
Also, I erroneously put my title as “Chairman of the Board” above. I’m not the Chairman of that Board. That would be the guy above my pay grade.

Mother2fan said on Nov. 13, 2016

Y’know, it really annoys me that collectors will buy CDs and books, but never open them. I know how collectors are about such things, but to me it feels like they’re robbing someone else of the experience of owning a MOTHER CD and actually listening to it. Or owning so many books in Japanese and not understanding it, while there are many Japanese speaking people who would love to own them. It just seems like such a waste for one person to own so many things just for the sake of owning them. Just my two cents.

Chairman of the Bored said on Nov. 13, 2016

Same here, Mother2fan. As a collector, I’ve seen too many games and Pokemon cards get “graded”, only to become pretty shelfware, never to be played with. What’s worse is when collectors believe graded games are worth so much more. If you sell me a pretty looking Gold Ocarina of Time v1.1 cart in the box and it’s graded, I’d crack that case open and have a better time than any collector. These things are meant to be enjoyed, not holed up like a museum piece. I think certain collectors need to rewatch Toy Story 2 again…