September 8th, 2016 | EarthBound, Merchandise, Videos

A video game collector recently found a complete, like-new copy of EarthBound at a swap meet. The discovery was a nice surprise – it wasn’t immediately visible and was in a box of a bunch of unrelated junk. In the end, he only paid $10 for what sometimes sells for $1000 or more on eBay. (For more EarthBound price info see here)

Also of particular interest to me is the Best Buy sticker on the box. It says the game was $5.99, so this particular copy was likely from the game’s “bargain bin” era during the latter 1990s.

eb-bargain-bin

Man, it’s still hard to believe that it (or any Nintendo game) ever got that cheap 😯

9 Comments to The Ultimate EarthBound Swap Meet Deal

Leeaux said on Sep. 8, 2016

How come I never find these rare things lying around for nothing!

Bah!

Samuel Layton said on Sep. 8, 2016

I still have yet to get a copy. At least I have other options.

Justin said on Sep. 8, 2016

🙁

Dan said on Sep. 8, 2016

Sadly, when I was younger I had only purchased a single copy for 5.99 at Best Buy. It became a clearance markdown to get it off the shelves everywhere I believe (was a Chicago, IL store)

James said on Sep. 9, 2016

Dude I’ve literally dreamed of stuff like this. That’s why I love swap meets and second hand stores, I’ve found really cool stuff myself

Esper said on Sep. 9, 2016

Man I almost wanted to cry FOR that guy.

. said on Sep. 20, 2016

I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!

eurocard kreditkarte sperren said on Oct. 22, 2016

I keep listening to the rumor lecture about receiving free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i find some?

http://www./ said on Oct. 22, 2016

R.I.P. John, you were undoubtedly the best television writer to have graced us with his work. From Citizen Smith to Only fools, only on Saturday i was saying to my dad, i love all of John Sullivan’s work. You will never be forgotten, thank you so much for bringing Only fools and horses to our tele, along with your other great creations….Del: One of my most favouritist meals is Duck à l’Orange, but I don’t know how to say that in French.Rodney: It’s canard.Del: You can say that again bruv!