Itoi and the MOTHER 2 iPhone Case
A video game collector recently found a complete, like-new copy of EarthBound at a swap meet. The discovery was a nice surprise – it wasn’t immediately visible and was in a box of a bunch of unrelated junk. In the end, he only paid $10 for what sometimes sells for $1000 or more on eBay. (For more EarthBound price info see here)
Also of particular interest to me is the Best Buy sticker on the box. It says the game was $5.99, so this particular copy was likely from the game’s “bargain bin” era during the latter 1990s.
Man, it’s still hard to believe that it (or any Nintendo game) ever got that cheap 😯
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to The Ultimate EarthBound Swap Meet Deal
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...
- DJ: Well, unless they lose the big account and their financial manager hangs himself. Then they’ll have to figure something else out just in...
- KingMike: Buy all the stock so we can make him make Mother 4. 😛 (no, it wouldn’t turn out good unless Itoi wanted to make it)