Tazmily in Minecraft
A possible EarthBound prototype sold on eBay UK yesterday for £200, which is about $350 in US dollars at the moment.
And here are the photos that were included:
This isn’t the first time something like this has popped up – another one also sold on eBay UK in 2009 for $584. I’m not sure if this is the same one or not, but the one in 2009 had EEPROM stickers while yesterday’s doesn’t.
Luckily a very personable Japanese collector bought this most recent EarthBound oddity and is hoping to check to see if the game is any different from the final retail version of EarthBound. He goes by RetroGameTV on Twitter and you can follow him here.
Here’s hoping we discover some mid-localization content on this mysterious artifact!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Possible EarthBound Prototype Sells for $350
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...
- DJ: Well, unless they lose the big account and their financial manager hangs himself. Then they’ll have to figure something else out just in...
- KingMike: Buy all the stock so we can make him make Mother 4. 😛 (no, it wouldn’t turn out good unless Itoi wanted to make it)