Popular Posts:

None found
 EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

June 24th, 2016 | EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

A new Kirby game was recently released, and one of Kirby’s powers involves ESP. Kirby’s appearance and the ability’s description clearly refer to Ness:

ness-kirby-esp

Kirby_Esper

This isn’t the first time Kirby and EarthBound have teamed up, here’s an old video I made years ago:

Thanks to everyone who sent in info about this new connection!

6 Comments to Ness References in Kirby: Planet Robobot

Bubbleman said on Jun. 24, 2016

There was also another hint for Ness in the Nintendo Badge Arcade last week, where the bunny says something about ESP Kirby looking familiar, but can’t remember from where. I regret not taking a picture of that conversation.

AwelCruiz said on Jun. 24, 2016

Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse:

Excuse the quality, it was taken with my phone.

Chivi-chivik said on Jun. 25, 2016

The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD

KingOfSwords said on Jun. 25, 2016

Ness neither turns invisible nor creates electric fields. What is this.

Peanutcheesebars said on Jun. 27, 2016

Truly a really fun ability to play. I don’t think they’ve made an Earthbound connection quite like this since the Yo-yo ability that also appears in Kirby Super Star and its sequel (along with Mr. Saturn).

Essentially, it has 3 parts: PK Thunder, Teleportation (but due to its speed I’d personally say it’s closer to a 4th-D slip), and a pretty sick Counter (because if you time it right, it’s super OP). Not to mention that Kirby’s hands are always glowing with PSI, which is always super cool looking.

RBMNintendoGamer said on Oct. 13, 2016

I guess this is a given, but when you scan Ness’ amiibo in Planet Robobot you actually always get this ability. It also always shows up with Lucas’ amiibo.

• DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
  • cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
  • Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
  • Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
  • Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.