The Completionist: EarthBound
A couple months ago I released my very first Legends of Localization book – in it, I explore the localization for the original Zelda game, as well as related merchandise, marketing differences, and more. If you’re a Zelda fan, a retro gaming fan, or even just someone interested in obscure game trivia, it’s right up your alley. (BTW, if you request it in the order comments Poe and I will gladly sign your book for you!)
Anyway, now that the Zelda book is done, I’ve turned my focus onto the next book: EarthBound! Planning for the book is underway and I’ve already begun the writing process. It’s going to be much more in-depth than my online version and will include many new topics. It’s already looking to be twice the size of the Zelda book!
It’s going to be so in-depth that we’ve even been researching the details behind the scratch n sniff campaign.
On a lark, I was like, “Hey, wouldn’t it be neat to include scratch n sniff samples as a bonus?” The fan response was intensely positive, so we’ve been looking into the feasibility of making this happen. And during our talks with companies in this industry, we were told:
“The scents that were used in the 90’s have been banned due to chemical compliance.”
Anyway, the point of all this is that I want to make sure that this EarthBound localization book covers as many interesting topics as possible, so if you have a question or a topic you’d like me to cover, let me know here in the comments or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, you can sign up here to be notified when the book is released!
We’re currently aiming for a release a few months from now. Hopefully I’ll be able to cover lots of interesting topics from readers that I wouldn’t have thought about myself!
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to Give Me Your EarthBound Localization Questions!
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.