Random Post:

Giygas Headphones
MOTHER3 (EarthBound) Mr. Saturn Shinobi bandana stuffed Banpresto F/S

January 31st, 2016 | EarthBound 64, Interviews, Itoi, MOTHER 3

Last year, during the special MOTHER 2 event I assume, Nintendo Dream interviews Shigesato Itoi about a number of different topics, including MOTHER 3, the Nintendo 64 version of the game, fans outside of Japan, MOTHER 4, and more.

Nintendo Dream: I see. Even though Mother 3 hasn’t been released overseas yet, they know about Lucas from SSB…

Shigesato Itoi: But recently when I heard from foreign fans, they said they all have played Mother 3. They also learned the Japanese language too.

You can read a translated interview on Nintendo Everything here. I’d love to see the original Japanese interview too. If anyone knows where I can find a copy, lemme know!

23 Comments to Itoi Discusses MOTHER 3, Fans Outside Japan, and More

Liliana said on Jan. 31, 2016

So even Itoi is glad we didn’t get those ugly 3d models, huh?

BlueStone said on Jan. 31, 2016

I, for one, would’ve liked Mother 3 in 3D. At least more than the orthogonal GBA graphics.

Ranbooby said on Jan. 31, 2016

Itoi’s personality is so funny.

yellowyOshi398 said on Jan. 31, 2016

Always fascinating to hear Itoi discuss Mother 3 on N64.

gBev said on Feb. 1, 2016

@BlueStone Honestly, while Mother 3 might have looked great in 3D if working with modern software and practices, the 3D game they were making looked pretty terrible even by N64 standards. Certainly had lots of ugly angles. Back in the late 90s 3D games just had a look that didn’t age well. (By the way, I’ve seen your piano covers, they’re quite good!)

Robert said on Feb. 1, 2016

Tomato, will there a camp fan gamer this year?

Mato said on Feb. 1, 2016

I don’t know but I’ll post on here immediately if anything gets announced officially.

. said on Feb. 2, 2016

mato, what is the flag?

Mato said on Feb. 2, 2016

Everyone who has an account here has a randomly-assigned icon, mine is a flag I guess.

scroll lock said on Feb. 4, 2016

Why do I see a bootleg Mother 3 cart with the 1.2 translation under the eBay merchandise section?

swifter43 said on Feb. 4, 2016

hey i’m guessing people are already sending you messages about this, but eurogamer has backed up a rumor claiming that mother 3 is going to release in the U.S. on virtual console on april 20th to celebrate the 10th anniversary of it releasing in Japan. I’m really interested to see if you think it is true or not. And has nintendo ever gotten in contact with you about your translation?

. said on Feb. 4, 2016

oh
SWAG HOLY CRAP CARP

1 said on Feb. 4, 2016

so cool to see a mother 3 rerelease

Schlupi said on Feb. 4, 2016

Swifter stole the words out of my mouth. I am in disbelief but I want to believe that it’s happening. The fact that I haven’t seen it here today either means you didn’t want a baseless rumour to stir people crazy, or you may have been contacted! Either way I would love if it happened…

swifter43 said on Feb. 5, 2016

Schlupi,I was thinking the same thing! I hope it’s that he’s been contacted by Nintendo, even though I’ve played through the fan translation I’ll buy it and play it again.

Anonymous said on Feb. 5, 2016

Mayo, IGN is reporting that Mother 3 is “rumored” for Wii U Virtual Console release in North America.

What say you?

swifter43 said on Feb. 5, 2016

hey, anonymous, I already said this earlier

Moonside said on Feb. 5, 2016

I won’t believe M3 in US til I see it myself. And if they continue with the trend of putting it on the Wii U (or making it N3DS exclusive) when the 3ds can handle it, I’ll have to skip out on this one reluctantly. I wont buy a $300 dollar system that will only be good for only one more year.

Anonymous said on Feb. 7, 2016

Hey swifter, good for you. Do you want a cookie?

So Mato, what do you think?

MightyYT said on Feb. 8, 2016

Did said cookie come from a gift box you found in the woods near your house? Or did your sister give it to you before you went on an epic journey?

Leeaux said on Feb. 9, 2016

I’m commenting just to upvote MightyYT

shadow said on Feb. 9, 2016

Im curious as of why and even the most recent one after mother was announced for wii u vc, why no one askes about if its going to be localized, that should be the first question

PoisonPlush said on Apr. 24, 2016

I wonder if the is aware of the fan translation, or the fan game that is in development right now…