Popular Posts:

None found

December 3rd, 2015 | EarthBound 64, Merchandise

Back in 1999, a preview version of the N64 MOTHER 3 was playable at Nintendo’s Spaceworld event. Staffers who worked the booth were given special DCMC shirts, they’re so rare that even 15 years later it’s hard to find any good, concrete info about them. Even pictures are hard to come by!

Luckily, one appeared on Yahoo Auctions Japan the other day, and it wound up selling for the equivalent of $2500 USD!

dcmc-auction

And here are the pictures that were included in the auction listing:

bucco375rocket-img600x400-1448544250ycfczk32714

bucco375rocket-img450x600-1448544250kocbw732714

bucco375rocket-img450x600-1448544249scoowd32714

Whoever won this now has one of THE rarest items an EarthBound/MOTHER fan can possibly own!

…I’m still not sure who these characters are and why this phrase was used, though. I guess maybe it’s one of the many things that didn’t make the jump from the N64 game to the GBA game.

7 Comments to Rare EarthBound 64 Shirt Sells for $2500

neonix said on Dec. 3, 2015

Haha, I always thought those werid sweating guys looked super creepy. Pretty cool to see this pop up.

Killerspecialk said on Dec. 4, 2015

Wow, this is nuts. Very very unique and rare item, I’m surprised it didn’t go for more. This is something I would very carefully wear once (just to say I rocked it) and then professionally clean and frame it, front side showing. Maybe switch it to the back every once in awhile.

Sat said on Dec. 5, 2015

Wow!
Looks like it spent a long time carefully folded.

Guy said on Dec. 6, 2015

You know, the font used in the “DCMC” letters truly reminds me of the font used in Drill Dozer:
You know, given the fact that Mother 3 was made by Ape Inc. (now Creatures Inc. which holds one third of the Pokémon franchise as of now) and Drill Dozer was made by Game Freak (the guys who made the main Pokemon games)
Hmmm… something really is fishy around here

virtualboy2558 said on Dec. 11, 2015

The words the sweating guys are saying remind me heavily of the old Pop Tarts commercials. XD

“So hot they’re cool, so cool they’re hot.”

AdmiralCrunch said on Dec. 13, 2015

I noticed that the shirt seems to list DCMC’s full name as Desperado Crush Mambo Combo instead of Desperado Crash Mambo Combo that I’d always seen before. Does anyone know if this a typo on the shirt, an early name, or just something that was hard to distinguish in translation? There’s the eternal Pokey vs Porky debate and I’m curious if the Crush vs Crash in the name is another case of it.

IKnowKatakana said on Feb. 26, 2016

Both crush and crash have the EXACT same spelling in Japanese katakana (meaning same pronunciation, too).

This means the translators for the Mother 3 patch & other content had to make a choice to pick one of the two. And apparently, they picked the wrong one in their 50-50 scenario.

Incidentally, it could also have been “Clash”.