MOTHER 3 Handbook Video Review
MOTHER 3 was just re-released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console, and to commemorate the event Nintendo has all three of the Japanese games on sale for a limited time.
Japanese fans are now able to buy the entire series on the Wii U:
The MOTHER 3 Miiverse is also filled with lots of cool posts and drawings from Japanese fans. Fans outside of Japan have also taken to asking for a localized release elsewhere around the world.
MOTHER series-themed Nintendo eShop cards have also been released in Japan. You can buy these at different stores around Japan, but I’m not sure if they’re available for import at any of the regular import shops.
I believe the Lucas amiibo is also now available in Japan!
When MOTHER 2 was released on the Japanese Wii U, we held a special EarthBound Central/Fangamer/Starmen.Net live stream to celebrate. We had a similar celebration when EarthBound Beginnings was released. I had hoped to hold a special stream for this MOTHER 3 release too, but Fangamer is in the middle of holiday shipping mode, so Poe and I held a special EarthBound Central Live stream instead. You can check it out here:
We played through the first chapter, took a look at the release trailer, browsed through a bit of the MOTHER 3 Miiverse, shared a lot of fan art, and more. We also talked about the chances of an official release, as well as pogs and 90s fads. It was a pretty goofy, fun stream. Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to Celebrating MOTHER 3’s Japanese Wii U Virtual Console Release
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.
- Leeaux: Mato! We miss you! Come back to us!