Mother 2 and a Half Comic
Popular Posts:None found
To celebrate the MOTHER series’ 26th anniversary, Shigesato Itoi and his company, Hobonichi, are holding a special event at the Village Vanguard store in Shimokitazawa from November 21, 2015 to December 6, 2015.
The various MOTHER 2-themed planners, covers, and pouches that went on sale earlier this year will be available for purchase there. It sounds like they might be sold out online, so if you’ve missed your chance to get what you wanted, this is another chance! The Onett planner cover from last year will be available too!
There’s going to be a Mr. Saturn photo booth. It sounds like store employees are going to dress up as MOTHER 2 characters and that giant plush Mr. Saturns will be there for you to take photos with.
There’s going to be a “stamp rally”, which is sort of like a scavenger hunt. There will be stamps of Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo, and Mr. Saturn, but you have to hunt for them around the store!
For three days only, between November 21st and November 23rd, you can get a Mr. Saturn shopping bag! I don’t think these will ever be available again, and quantities are limited.
There’s going to be a “Shigesato Itoi Corner” of the store featuring a collection of books and writings that Shigesato Itoi has published, along with other books that he’s been involved with. It’s bound to be filled with surprising things!
Basically, this event is a sort of crossover between the MOTHER series and Shigesato Itoi’s other successes. If you’re a fan of his games, his planners, or his writings, and if you’re in Japan at the time, definitely check this out!
For more info, visit the official Japanese site here.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Japanese MOTHER 2 Event Begins This Month
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.