Mother 2 and a Half Comic
Popular Posts:None found
A Japanese MOTHER 2 event is currently being held for a few weeks (more details here) and one thing that came out of it was a really great interview with Shigesato Itoi about the MOTHER series. You can find the original Japanese interview and article here.
Unfortunately I don’t have time to translate the interview, but Kotaku did post a tiny translated snippet that explains why Itoi has no plans for any more games in the MOTHER series. You can read about his reasoning here.
Some other topics that come up in the full interview:
- Itoi talks about Camp Fangamer
- He also talks a bit about foreign fans, which makes sense given that he met with a bunch of Fangamer guys again just the other day
- He touches on the quality of EarthBound’s localization
- He talks about Mr. Saturn speech and their fonts
- He wants a Mr. Saturn amiibo, is reluctant to do a Mr. Saturn iPhone case
- He discusses the idea behind praying and the flashbacks in the final battle of EarthBound
- Pokey/Porky is Itoi’s favorite character
- He says foreign fans seem convinced he’s secretly working on a Mother 4 and that he’s been lying that he won’t make a fourth game
- Itoi discusses Iwata’s passing
- He discusses why he’s stepped away from games lately
- Itoi discusses apps he’s working on that aren’t games but are the closest thing to games, including apps for sharing info about lost dogs and cats (a big thing he does on his Twitter account already)
Lots of topics in such a short interview! I’m secretly hoping that someone out there will have the time and skill to translate it in full 😛
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Itoi Reconfirms He Won’t Make Any More MOTHER Games
Featured Item on eBay:
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.