August 10th, 2015 | EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

This year’s Summer Games Done Quick event was amazing, and EarthBound was one of the games played!

EarthBound speedrunner Aurilliux managed to reach the end of the game in 1 hour and 27 minutes as hundreds of thousands of people watched from around the world! Here’s a look at the live run, which features some crazy random number manipulation that almost feels like card-counting in a card game 😛

I’m familiar with most of the tricks used here, but the use of multiple save files and such was totally new to me! Amazing work figuring all this out, EarthBound speedrunning community!

6 Comments to EarthBound at Summer Games Done Quick

DJMankiewicz said on Aug. 10, 2015

And, like card counting, it’s legal and not really “cheating”, but if I catch you doing this in MY establishment you won’t really have “kneecaps”!

Parkraft123 said on Aug. 11, 2015

I watched this live, and it was amazing!

Paper said on Aug. 11, 2015

The SGDQ Twitch chat was full of spammy garbage.

Xi said on Aug. 11, 2015

All Twitch chats in excess of 1,000 users are full of spammy garbage. I was surprised for a chat of 100,000 users there was no moderation.

I did enjoy everyone using scared/crying/praying emoticons during the Giygas fight though.

357 said on Aug. 11, 2015

Actually, the chat was pretty tame during the Earthbound run.

Neo said on Aug. 18, 2015

@Paper: forget that terrible twitch chat and join Quake.net chat!I was fun watching a run and reading a conversation about programming