August 20th, 2015 | EarthBound, Merchandise

A few months ago I posted about the new Saturn Valley Hobonichi Techo Planner, which should be available to buy next month. (Note – if you’ve never heard of these “techo” things before, I wrote an article about them here.)

Out of the blue, though, Shigesato Itoi’s company announced a second EarthBound-themed planner – this one is called “Cast”. It features a bunch of different characters and objects from MOTHER 2!

CM0g3cPUcAAklD0

Like the other planners, the Cast Planner will have a little bonus item, too. In this case, it’s a clear bookmark! Or a set of clear bookmarks, I’m not really sure. But it has some of the main characters in the game.

CM0g3pFVAAENu5E

According to the announcement site, it looks like these might be available starting September 1st, 2015.

Chewy is the super-expert and official translator for the Hobonichi Techo planners, so hopefully she can help answer any questions that fans have. She works on the official English site, which you can find here, although I don’t see this new cover on there at the moment.

6 Comments to Another EarthBound Planner on its Way!

neonix said on Aug. 20, 2015

Ohhhh, I really like this! Might be the most enticing one yet. I have no need for a planner, but I sort of really want to buy one of these.

Justin said on Aug. 20, 2015

Paula gets the shaft!

BusterTheFox said on Aug. 21, 2015

Last time, these were unreasonably expensive, even before shipping costs were mentioned… hopefully I can actually afford one this time! xD

Amber said on Aug. 21, 2015

I would like this one ^ ^

nesu said on Aug. 21, 2015

WANT! (*[]*)

jeffmaxwell said on Aug. 23, 2015

Looks like I am buying two covers this year…and possibly a weekly planner. This is very bittersweet for my wallet and I.

:D:

• Lock: Since the sign was held up during the New Day’s segment, Xavier Woods (who is a gigantic video game and anime fan) likely saw it, which...
  • el tigre: can’t wait to own some wacky earthbound merch
  • Silvris: Something interesting I noticed: Earthbound is on the SNES Mini, but Mother 2 isn’t on the Super Famicom Mini.
  • mazoboom: I own pretty much all those games, and my SNES still works (for now?) but I am trying my hardest to get one of these.
  • Leeaux: Adult Swim grabs the wrestling news and makes an advert out of it. As a guy who grew up trying to explain what this game even is to most...