June 21st, 2015 | EarthBound

earthbound-battle-scene-vr

Somehow or another I stumbled upon a neat little EarthBound creation by RavenWorks. It lets you check out a 3D version of an EarthBound battle – and if you happen to have VR equipment you might even be able to use it with this!

Check it out here!

6 Comments to EarthBound Battle Scene VR

Tonda Gossa said on Jun. 21, 2015

I’m making EarthBound Beginnings HD Sprites.

Lostindark said on Jun. 22, 2015

Awesome ! I would like to learn SLGL to shaders like that, does anyone know where i can learn it ?

Tonda Gossa said on Jun. 22, 2015

Well it’s simple when you have opened scene in Blender you have camera angle shading arrow and you can set it up.

DJMankiewitz said on Jun. 22, 2015

I’d love to see them make the battle scene “fully immersive” as well, as in being able to look all around and behind you. That trippy background would be far trippier if it looked like that in every direction.

RavenWorks said on Aug. 10, 2015

Hey there; I’ve just made an expanded version for Shadertoy’s latest competition if you’re curious 🙂 https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MtsXRX

RavenWorks said on Aug. 10, 2015

@Lostindark: Here’s where I learned: http://www.geeks3d.com/20130524/building-worlds-with-distance-functions-in-glsl-raymarching-glslhacker-tutorial-opengl/2/ It’s not perfect (I think there’s a couple of mistakes) but it’s one of the simplest explanations I’ve seen.

Then once you have the rendering working you can get more shapes here: http://iquilezles.org/www/articles/distfunctions/distfunctions.htm

• Lock: Since the sign was held up during the New Day’s segment, Xavier Woods (who is a gigantic video game and anime fan) likely saw it, which...
  • el tigre: can’t wait to own some wacky earthbound merch
  • Silvris: Something interesting I noticed: Earthbound is on the SNES Mini, but Mother 2 isn’t on the Super Famicom Mini.
  • mazoboom: I own pretty much all those games, and my SNES still works (for now?) but I am trying my hardest to get one of these.
  • Leeaux: Adult Swim grabs the wrestling news and makes an advert out of it. As a guy who grew up trying to explain what this game even is to most...