MOTHER 1 Review / Analysis / Essay
Popular Posts:None found
About four years ago I posted about why I translated the MOTHER 1 side of MOTHER 1+2 but not the MOTHER 2 side – basically, MOTHER 2 and EarthBound have a really messy text system that would’ve taken me forever to untangle.
Jeffman’s been plugging away at the problem for the past few years, though, and finally things are looking up!
If you recall, I did a basic menu translation for the MOTHER 2 half of MOTHER 1+2, which means the text looked and sounded like this:
But here’s how things are looking with Jeff’s new work:
As you can see, it’s starting to look just like EarthBound!
But Jeff needs help, though. Lots of help. He needs people to go through every line of the MOTHER 2 script, untangle things, and then replace the text with EarthBound’s text in EarthBound’s format. There’s a LOT of text, so that’s where fans come in.
Jeff’s made a nice little program to make things understandable. Here’s an example:
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to Help Complete the MOTHER 2 Side of the MOTHER 1+2 Translation!
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.