EARTHBOUND (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) GOOD SHAPE & TESTED

January 14th, 2015 | EarthBound, Merchandise, Smash Bros.

Just a few hours ago, Nintendo announced that an upcoming wave of Amiibo figures will finally include Ness!

142124775688

I think most Amiibo followers knew a Ness figure was going to be released eventually, but now it’s official. And assuming prices don’t change, it should be in the $13 range when released! …Although I’ve been hearing so much about Amiibo shortages and price gouging the past few weeks that I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s insane.

Anyway, I’m not 100% sure, but I think this might be the first new, official EarthBound merchandise to be released in years and/or decades 😯

34 Comments to Ness Amiibo Coming Soon!

Tork_110 said on Jan. 14, 2015

Guys, I’m sure there’s going to be plenty of these figurines. Just relax. Chill! Just ignore me sitting in front of these several monitors waiting for pre-order pages to pop up.

Leeaux said on Jan. 14, 2015

Absolutely going to be buying this. I’ve got my Ness mother figure from Japan, but this is super exciting cause it’s official in America. I don’t know why that makes me so excited but it just does. It’s different somehow.

Plus it just looks awesome.

Bionicfemme said on Jan. 14, 2015

Yesssss! This is awesome! 😀

TheBatFax said on Jan. 14, 2015

Pre-ordering Ness as soon as he comes up from multiple sources. I don’t wanna deal with stuff like some people are where their amiibo orders are cancelled and they end up just out of luck.

Matteomax said on Jan. 14, 2015

Urk, Ness is DEFINITELY going to be very hard to get if you don’t pre-order him. I recommend getting them as soon as possible.

This IS the first piece of official EarthBound merchandise to show up in the US ever since 1994, and the first ever EarthBound action figure to be officially released in the US.

Roger the Shrubber said on Jan. 14, 2015

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time ever that officially licensed EarthBound Merchandise will be sold outside of Japan. That’s super exciting! Definitely going to pre-order and pick up on launch day, just like I’m going to do with my Ike Amiibo.

Random man said on Jan. 14, 2015

I’m not even interested in the game but if this is reasonably priced I’m definitely picking it up.

A-wel Cruiz said on Jan. 14, 2015

Yeah, I don’t even own a Wii U, and I want one!

Tasos said on Jan. 14, 2015

I’ve been hyping for so long to get one in my hands. Thanks Nintendo!

Also, is it just me or is this the first Earthbound merch in Europe?

David said on Jan. 15, 2015

Man, I can’t wait for Ness! 😀
My friend can’t wait for Pac-man and Wario as well.

Dr.x said on Jan. 15, 2015

To bad there are people out there willing to buy 100 amibos like mariotehplumber. He threatened to buy 100 ness amiibos if the starman.net people didn’t stop messing with him. He also said earthbound was a terrible game and that the final boss was disgusting. That mariotehplumber guy supposedly decided to apologize though so maybe it won’t be as hard to get them. I need some earthbound merchandise but I am always broke sadly. With everyone pre-ordering I won’t be able to get one. ( on a side note my profile on earthbound central keeps corrupting)

Dr.x said on Jan. 15, 2015

Too*

Melissa said on Jan. 15, 2015

I wanted the Ness Amiibo ever since I saw the first amiiibos set. I’m not going to let Mariotehplumber screw me or my friends out of this one.

project-stuff said on Jan. 15, 2015

If it’s available in my home country, I might buy one! It might as well will be my very first EarthBound merch if that’s possible.

Speedy_Fox_IV said on Jan. 15, 2015

@Dr.X: mariotehplumber has issues. He bought a bunch of Rosalina ammibos because he disliked the character and wanted the fans to suffer. Too bad he just gave Nintnedo most of his money. He alos tried to get the people over on Twitch Plays Pokemon to stop posting so that he could single handely clear the puzzles. I don’t think realised the point of that channel…

But yeah, he has serious issues and think he should seek a psychiatrist for help.

game4brains said on Jan. 16, 2015

Oh boy, what kinds of factory defects will we be in for now?

Jess said on Jan. 16, 2015

Actually, mariotehplumber announced the other day that he was just faking this whole time… It’s kinda interesting. I also saw specifically in the comments where he said he wouldn’t buy tons of Ness amiibos. I’m still scared about trying to get one… I check amazon and gamestop online daily, I do not want to miss out on this!

Mac said on Jan. 17, 2015

Can u buy these in stores any where?

neonix said on Jan. 20, 2015

Finally a Ness figure to feature a different pose than that constantly rehashed hands-on-the-hip pose!

Dr.x said on Jan. 21, 2015

@Speedy_Fox_IV:I agree that the guy has issues and his video was just to make people angry in the first place. He said the f word just to say the f word.
@Jess:I don’t know if he actually said that but his video description threatened to buy 50 ness amiibos and 100 if the people of starmen.net didn’t quit bothering him about it. Anyway the YouTube comments almost drove him to suicide and he did apologize so I will believe you. It’s not like it isn’t going to be hard enough to get a ness amiibo with all of these mother fans.

shuyin said on Jan. 24, 2015

Ahh, I’m a bit late on this. I love how they used a different pose for him than the hands-on-hips one they always did, it’s very nice! The fact that it’s an official product for NA just warms muh heart, I’ll tell ye what

I don’t own a Wii U but the advantage to Amiibos is that they can function very well as just cute figurine until you can afford the games/system they go to. Amiibos were such a great idea imo

mellow-osity said on Jan. 27, 2015

I’ll be excited to see if anyone mods the figures – like people turning Link into Dark Link.

ShadowSoul720 said on Jan. 29, 2015

I’m doing an Earthbound Lets play on my YouTube account if anyone is interested in an up and coming New YouTuber! 😀

Miles Vialpando said on Jan. 29, 2015

So, maybe an Amiibo will come without his hat, or perhaps his left arm missing. Haha… I plan on buying two. One for using in Super Smash Bros. (second to my main, Zero Suit Samus since Brawl) and one for collecting.

HpBoost said on Jan. 29, 2015

Definitely picking one of these up – perhaps he will be like some of the ones I’ve seen so far and have his eyes offset.

. said on Jan. 30, 2015

are they sold out already? 🙁

Dr.x said on Jan. 30, 2015

Even if they are not sold out yet. It will still be hard to get one.

Linkdude said on Feb. 1, 2015

Don’t worry, they’re not even available for pre-order yet. Altho, you’ll likely find that the pre-order will sell out within minutes. But refuse to buy from scalpers. You can always buy from Japan through Celga. I’ve used their service a number of times over the years. Just make an account and follow their instructions. The extra money you spend by using their service (plus shipping from Japan) might end up being as much as the cost to buy from a scalper, but at least you’re not supporting evil. :p

something from onett said on Feb. 7, 2015

Mariotehplumber threated to buy 100 amiibos of Lucina, Robin, Zamus, and Palutena. He said noting of buying 100+ Ness figures, however he most likely buy at least 25 and sell them for 20% more what he originally paid. He also bought 10-30 amiibos of other amiibos listed above. Good Luck 😀 #F***MARIOTEHPLUMBER

something from onett said on Feb. 7, 2015

*EDIT: 10-30 amiibos each of the characters not listed above.*

NintendoNess22 said on Feb. 9, 2015

Don’t have a Wii U But Still getting one

joe [yawn] said on Feb. 15, 2015

“But now it’s official”? Uh, they said they would make Amiibos of ALL the characters. It was official practically since Ness was in the game.
Seriously though, DESTROY EVERY LUCINA AMIIBO YOU SEE. She is the most overpowered character ever and would help if you never even think about buying Lucina.
Hey wait, what will they do for Mr. Game And Watch’s amiibo? Hmm…

Tacoturtle19 said on Mar. 31, 2015

@Tork 110 hopefully, but i doubt it. Ness is VERY popular with mother fans and scalpers see that. Not only that, but Nintendo isnt going to make a ton of them because he is not the most popular character. It is sad but unfortanately true.
:'(

Tacoturtle19 said on Mar. 31, 2015

*Unfortunately why do i always make these mistakes?