Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #52

November 10th, 2014 | EarthBound, Merchandise

A few months ago I posted about a new set of MOTHER 2 capsule toy figures that was set to be released later in the year… and now is later in the year! The MOTHER 2 Stand Figures are available now in Japan, eBay, and elsewhere:

standfigures

More recently, a set of MOTHER 2 keychains/charms was announced – these ones use the ghost/fainted sprites of all the main characters. A more rare one is when you fail during a a teleport:

kizetsu

These ghost things don’t come out until February of 2015, but you can already take preorders at all sorts of places. Again, I think these are technically capsule toys, so you might not be able to guarantee which ones you’ll get, even if you buy some online.

If you have any links to vendors that do/will sell any of these, feel free to share them in the comments!

9 Comments to New MOTHER 2 Figures and Keychains

Someone said on Nov. 10, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIGESATO ITOI!

Hp Shout said on Nov. 10, 2014

I just got my figures in the mail(ebay ~$40), and they are great! About half the size of the earthbound cartridge, but a much more affordable option then the large figures.

Hp Shout said on Nov. 10, 2014

Oh… and also “Happy Happy” birthday Itoi-san.

Schythed said on Nov. 11, 2014

I got mine here and every figurine came with it.

T_W_M said on Nov. 11, 2014

Schythed, that might be fine if you live in America, but they’re charging £35 shipping for me… :/

KingDarian said on Nov. 11, 2014

I’ve had great success buying the recent MOTHER capsule toys using the international english section of Japan’s Rakuten. It auto-translates listings from sellers who ship internationally, though not always perfectly – Poo is auto-translated as Winnie the Pooh, for example. I got a complete set of the five figures with stands with shipping for less than NCSX is charging for the figures alone.

Hop on over to http://global.rakuten.com/en/ and search for “MOTHER 2” to find related items.

As a bonus, you earn points when you buy stuff here, which can be used to get discounts on future orders. Lots of great items can be found here, direct from Japan. It’s like eBay/importing without the fees of a middleman or double shipping.

Kit said on Nov. 13, 2014

T_W_M Even in Canada it’s almost double the cost of the figures -.-

2Sang said on Nov. 17, 2014

My want…btw I’m selling mach pizza air fresheners guys.

Dr.x said on Dec. 12, 2014

I wish I had the money to buy these.