Popular Posts:

None found

November 30th, 2014 | Fan Games, MOTHER 1, Videos

H.S and friends have been working hard on the EarthBound ROM hack that remakes the first game in the series. Here’s a look at the current title screen:

And here’s a short video showing off stuff in the first town in the game:

There’s still a lot to be done, and if you want to keep up with all the itty-bitty, nitty-gritty details, you can follow the project’s progress here!

22 Comments to MOTHER Remake Hack Preview

JimJam707 said on Nov. 30, 2014

This is looking (and sounding) amazing!

nate said on Nov. 30, 2014

Good job guys !!! It’s looking great !!!

Leeaux said on Nov. 30, 2014

I know it’s been said a thousand times. But I absolutely can not wait for this!

It’s looking so good. I’ve been saving my next playthrough of Mother 1 for this release. Keep up the good works guys!

Hp Shout said on Nov. 30, 2014

I’ve played Mother 1… and sadly the graphics have not aged well. THIS AMAZING PROJECT may very well breathe new life into Mother, bringing in new players and die hard EB fans alike. Cannot wait for this. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Blue-Streaker said on Nov. 30, 2014

Mother 4 fan game in the works, and now this is coming along nicely too. Not to mention the handbook coming out. It’s great to be a mother/earthbound fan.

NessinEagleland said on Nov. 30, 2014

Alright i’ll be the first to say it. I dont like how they remixed the intro a bit there. especially if it replays everytime you leave a building.

Other than that? AMAZING

Star and Moon said on Nov. 30, 2014

Well, it’s got my approval. The music’s really good but I have to agree with NessinEagleland in that the intro to Pollyanna sounds kinda weird, and should be changed.

Ballz said on Nov. 30, 2014

Looks like someone is helping tweak the Pollyanna theme in the project thread.

One thing I really appreciate about H.S is how easygoing he is when it comes to constructive criticism and how he’s more than welcoming in allowing others to help him improve the project in any way that’s needed.

Kodinami said on Dec. 1, 2014

I’m so looking forward to playing this! I’ve been playing Mother 1 ROM hacks that give the NES version better graphics, but getting to play Mother 1 in an EB setting would be just fantastical! Especially since I really love the layout and colors of the game, it would give Mother 1 alot of life~

The only thing that bothers me is the music. I not too fond of the intro for the Pollyanna theme with the trumpet sounds, and it could be changed/tweaked a bit. Other than that, everything else looks and sounds really great! Keep up the great work~~

An E and two 8 said on Dec. 1, 2014

Looking real good!

I Love the way H.S rearranged the Dept. Stores. And the “Inside a House” theme remix. One of my favorite songs on this game. 🙂

Totally looking forward to this!

Anonymous said on Dec. 1, 2014

Great work! 😀

Anonymous said on Dec. 1, 2014

I agree with Pollyanna demanding some polish considering we’ll be hearing it for so much. (I never minded once with the NES music, it was perfection)

But OH BABY am I hyped for this, and hot damn is it looking marvelous. It’s just like I envisioned it would look like. I can’t believe someone is finally making a Mother remake. You should know this has me more hyped than almost every other game release on the market. I am absolutely GIDDY right now.

Ballz said on Dec. 1, 2014

For what it’s worth, H.S has said he plans on using multiple remixes of Pollyanna throughout different areas of the game. So the one we hear in the video(or whatever polished version that replaces it) won’t be there throughout the entire game.

Autistic Pichu said on Dec. 1, 2014

Lookin’ good! But as someone who thinks the original MOTHER was fine the way it was I’m obviously not excited to play it myself….

Am I excited that this hack exists in the first place? Heh, more than 5 stars right there.

Like I said I like the original MOTHER, I’ll admit it does have its problems-there’s no way I could disprove this. But really, when you look past these flaws (very difficult to do by the way.) you have a game that I sometimes love more than the second one, key word: “sometimes”

So to have a hack that uses the second games engine and fixes the original games outdatedNess helps new fans or EarthBound fans realize that the first game was actually just as good this whole time.

good luck to the developers behind this hack. May the MR.SATURN gods of good fortune smile upon you always.

zedrein said on Dec. 1, 2014

Damn, there are so many MOTHER/MOTHER 2 hacks out there…Wouldn’t that be an awesome poll if the cream of the crop could be voted on and decided by the fans of the series? *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*

Smash said on Dec. 5, 2014

Wait, is this the same project as the one I’ve been hearing about on this site for a while now, because it feels a little different.

A fan said on Dec. 6, 2014

please do not put a town hall building, please try to keep it as close to the original as possible.

Dr.x said on Dec. 12, 2014

Honestly Mother was the hardest game to get through so I like this project. Wasn’t there a mother 1 remake in a mother 3 engine too?

nesster said on Dec. 29, 2014

How I wish that they made earthbound 64

wolf said on Dec. 29, 2014

I cant wait!!!!!!
🙂

jon2nson said on Feb. 2, 2015

They could have given her a better line than “oh me, oh my!” Like “Oh dear!” for example.

EBisumaru said on Feb. 2, 2015

Naw, that’s a great line.