November 29th, 2014 | Images, MOTHER 1

Tyler sent this in a while back:

Hello Tomato,

I work at the children’s library in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Awhile back I sent you a message about a toy theatre adaptation I’m putting together of Mother 1 and though I’ve still got a lot of work to do, it’s coming along well. Toy theatre is basically a small table-top puppet show usually done with paper cutouts. Once upon a time toy theatre editions of popular plays were printed up for people to put on at home, sort of like a Victorian-era version of home video. I thought it would be a fun story to tell in this medium and I like the idea of telling it in such a low-tech way.

PS: I know this scene never happens in the game, it won’t happen in my play either. I just liked how it looked for the picture.

And here’s a picture:

mother-play

This is really cool and imaginative, and somehow I feel like this format is a perfect match for EarthBound Zero. Thanks for sharing!

8 Comments to MOTHER 1 Toy Theatre Show

KingOfSwords said on Nov. 29, 2014

Cute~!

Anonymous said on Nov. 29, 2014

That’s super cute, I’d love for the creator to make a video of a performance and share it!

Parkraft123 said on Nov. 29, 2014

Yes! Yes!!!!!!

Parkraft123 said on Nov. 29, 2014

I wana see this so badly

Lotus_Blue said on Nov. 30, 2014

The guy has to make a video of this and send it our way.

An E and two 8 said on Nov. 30, 2014

Agreed, I’d be cool if the dude who did this sent a video.

Hopefully the children will like the play.

Scapetti said on Nov. 30, 2014

This is cool! I made a puppet film a couple of years ago that was inspired by the Mother series. See if you can spot the references!

For the sequel I intend to have some more psionic type stuff 🙂

unknown said on Dec. 25, 2014

Wait… What about the live house….

• Chairman of the Bored: @idontlikenames I didn’t think you came off as mean. And I’m sure it’ll get better as time goes on.
  • idontlikenames: Sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as that mean. What I wanted to say was, let’s keep it up for a few more decades 🙂
  • Marc: @idontlikenames, very specific example, haha. I’ll echo the sentiments of Chairman of the Bored. I played Earthbound back in…...
  • Chairman of the Bored: @idontlikenames: I can only speak for myself. I’ve been an EarthBound fan since 2010, and at the point in time it...
  • idontlikenames: Why’s everyone acting as if an old friend showed up at their other old friend’s funeral? This site is still awesome...