Random Post:

The MOTHER 3 E-mail

Popular Posts:

None found

October 20th, 2014 | EarthBound, Images, Interviews, Smash Bros.

Joe D. sent in a pic from a Japanese magazine that seems to indicate that the Flying Man in the new Super Smash Bros. game was going to be have a 3D model at some point!

flyingman1

And here’s a zoomed-up version of the pic in the article:

flyingman2

Apparently the developers decided to just do the pixel version of Flying Man, as it felt much more authentic and it also reduced the amount of work the game’s engine needed to do.

12 Comments to A 3D Flying Man Was Planned for the New Super Smash Bros.

TheConfuZzledDude said on Oct. 20, 2014

I still find it a bit strange how the pixel version is right next to it. Maybe it was supposed to go 3d when you tagged it?

Anonymous said on Oct. 20, 2014

They probably haxed both of them at once to show the difference for people who haven’t played the game

Oniglut said on Oct. 20, 2014

For a second, I thought the article talked about the flying man being a part of the SSB4 roster.

Which would have been hella cool but where is my homeboy Lucas!?!?

EpicJackman said on Oct. 20, 2014

I personally prefer the pixel version. Magicant is probably my favorite stage in the game (then again, they’re all awesome). I really hope it somehow gets into the Wii U version.

Bakersfield said on Oct. 21, 2014

I think Lucas is going to be DLC Oniglut

EBisumaru said on Oct. 21, 2014

The flying men are OP. Also, I don’t know how you enjoy any of these stages, EpicJackman. They’re mostly terrible.

Jimshrimp said on Oct. 21, 2014

I like the pixel version more actually, it seems more authentic to the series, also like was brought up it’s probably less taxing on the game engine. :3 Either way I love that Flying Men are in SSB in general.

anon said on Oct. 23, 2014

I hope they add a 3D flying man to the game somehow, even as a trophy. It’s really cool to see Earthbound characters that were only every shown in 2D in actual 3D. Too bad the scan isn’t better. I can only dream that the Flying Man would be a DLC character.

Corey said on Oct. 24, 2014

@EBisumaru Magicant is the best stage in Smash 3DS.

Ostricho said on Oct. 25, 2014

Bwahaha! The Flying Man is easy to deal with, I believe.

something fuzzy said on Oct. 30, 2014

Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to stick with the sprites.

DragonDePlatino said on Nov. 7, 2014

Am I the only one here who’s creeped out over Wii Fit Trainer’s posing in the screenshot here? I mean, come on! It looks like she’s lifting up Flying Man by his trousers and staring at his crotch!!!

WHO MAKES THESE SCEENSHOTS

• DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
  • cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
  • Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
  • Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
  • Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.