EarthBound Central Q&A #2
I’ve posted before about how the flagship item that Shigesato Itoi’s company sells is a planner. One of the neat things about his planners is the amount of customization and the number of options available.
For example, one of the recently-announced covers for the newest planner is targeted directly at EarthBound/MOTHER 2 fans:
Here’s an official description of it:
This very special cover is modeled after Shigesato Itoi’s 1994 Super Nintendo game, MOTHER 2 (EarthBound in North America). The design features the townscape of Onett, including the scenic Beak Point on the west side of town. The cover interior and bookmark charms are bright yellow, the bookmark strings are green, and the pen holders feature Onett’s forest and sea. The cover showcases all the bright colors of the game to make you feel as if you’re sitting in front of a Super Nintendo, and included with every cover is a red Mr. Saturn pencil board.
Customizing these planners is such a big deal that you can actually buy full-size books about all your options – here’s a peek at the section about this MOTHER 2 stuff, in fact:
I don’t think these Onett planner covers are available for order yet, but as soon as I have more info I’ll post it here on EarthBound Central.
As always, good old Chewy is involved with much of this stuff, since she works closely with Itoi and his company on this stuff. I bet she’s been sitting on this particular secret forever
Update: These will become available on August 31st, and yes, you can order them from outside of Japan. When August 31 rolls around, be sure to visit this site for more info on the new releases.
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s EarthBound / MOTHER 2 Planner
- Linkdude: Don’t worry, they’re not even available for pre-order yet. Altho, you’ll likely find that the pre-order will sell out...
- Blake: I literally live down the street from the location, Don’t even need a hotel B)
- Dr.y, lol: I’m 16 too. But I’m probably not going either way, I would have to travell halfway through the globe. Have fun!
- Evil Mani Mani: http://earthbound64.blogspot.c o.uk
- Robert: I’ll be coming from Kentucky. I’ve never been on a plane before, but I’m willing to try.